Quite A Common Fairy

David, Emma, Hook, Mary Margaret, and I ranged the woods searching for Henry after Emma had found the way to make the map appear

   David, Emma, Hook, Mary Margaret, and I ranged the woods searching for Henry after Emma had found the way to make the map appear. We all walked in a single file together while Mary Margaret was leading the way ahead of us. It felt good, being a part of their lives. Being good. Wonderland was a place where good was rarely seen, but here it's like everyone is full of hope. I learned that from them, that there's always a way.

   Mary Margaret and David are like the role models I never had growing up. My mother was a horrible woman, who loved my sister and my own best friend more than myself. Parents don't pick favorites, but mine had definitely chose which child to adore the most, and it was her. It was my sister. I was decidedly the troubled child, the outcast. I can recall sleepless nights of dreaming that one day my mother would love me just a fragment of how much she loves her.

   It's hard to be known as the family's most unwanted, but I know I have people who care for me now. People I really could've used all those years ago. It feels good to finally be away from that wretched woman and where I belong. Where I don't feel as... lost. And hopeless. I've finally found my home, and I'm happy again. I found myself spacing out, and I had tripped over a large root that had ascended from the stable ground, causing me to almost fall and hit my nose against the ground, probably breaking it. Almost.

   David had grabbed me by the collar of my shirt and ultimately saved me from the broken nose, giving me a look of concern. I'm dangerously uncoordinated, as one might say, but this was because I was spaced out and too busy thinking of my past. I hadn't realized it until now, but a single tear had slipped down my cheek. I'm not one to cry usually, but this wasn't about the selfishness and pettiness of my own mother, it was because of the overpowering amount of love I feel around everyone with me. It's like waves of it just coming from them, all they can do is love and they never get that in return. Is that too much to ask for world?! Just one good day. One peaceful day where they get back what they give. "Aria, hey, are you okay?" David asked me softly, moving his lamp back to his right hand.

Mary Margaret turned to look at us, before turning back. I saw the look David had sent her, one saying that he'd handle it. I'm very observational, what can I say? "I'm fine. Just allergies," I said, letting the lie slip right off my tongue as the tide slips away from the sands of beaches. It was easy to lie for me, but not about something important. However, this was just silly emotions, emotions that can't stand in the way of us finding Henry.

   David gave me a pointed look of disbelief but said nothing more. Mary Margaret whispered and asked him what was wrong with me, and when he told her what I said, she responded that I didn't have really bad allergies. I know! But if I were to go to the doctor with a broken leg, they'd look at it and say it's allergies! We continued to walk until David started to pant, "Hey, need a break?"

   "No, I'm good," Mary Margaret had replied simply, as I muttered something along the lines of that a break would be actual heaven at the moment. I started to sweat as the heat washed over me in large quantities. One larger than the next. I started to fan myself as I grabbed my canteen that I had been carrying and took a sip of the water that was so cold my mouth almost felt numb. But a numb mouth felt so much better right now.