Letting Go... And Getting Out of Control

***

***

We were starting to get ready to go after the King. We had found out where he is through a tracking spell Bonnie did using my blood. I knew the only way that I could actually get the King to see me was if I was the Cheshire Cat... So that's what I decided to do. I've decided to not be me anymore. I told the group about it and they were hesitant at first, but finally decided that it was my choice.

I sat in one of the rooms of the Boarding House by myself. I just needed time to think about anything. I was still slightly hesitant on going back to my old ways, but it's what I needed to do. That's still didn't stop me from being scared. Scared of what? Scared of losing control. Scared of not being able to be myself and lose everything that I worked so hard for. I wasn't just scared... I was terrified. I was so terrified that my hands were visibly shaking.

I was brought out of my thoughts by the sound of a door opening. I turned to see that it was Charlotte who opened the door. She smiled at me slightly and walked over to sit beside of me. "Hey," She said. "Are you okay?"

I let out a shaky breath, stood up, and smiled, "Yep, I'm fine. Now, are we almost ready to go? I was thinking that I could use my magic to get there while you guys drove. Just so I could see what were up agains-"

Charlotte cut me off with a frown, "You're not fine. I can tell. You're terrified."

I sighed and sat back down again with my head in my hands, "You're right. I'm not fine. I can't be fine right now. I am facing my father who left me when I was a kid and I'm not even going to be myself. I thought he was dead, but all this time he was going around and conquering places."

Charlotte put a hand on my arm, "You know that you don't have to do this, right?"

I shook my head as I stared in front of me, "No. No, I do have to do this. It's the only way that I can get close to him. It's the only way that I can actually try and find out why he's doing this," I turned my head to look at her. There was desperation in my eyes as I looked at her, "I need you to promise me something?" She nodded, "If I get out of control-"

Charlotte cut me off again, "You won't-"

I stood up, "But you don't know that. If I do get out of control, I need you to get me out of there and try to bring me back," Charlotte tried to say something, probably tell me that I will be fine, but that's not what I wanted. I needed to know that she would do it, "Promise me!"

She nodded, "I promise," It was silent for few minutes and then we heard Damon from downstairs saying that they were ready. "Looks like it's time to go."

I smiled sadly, "Well, let's get going." I closed my eyes and used my magic to take me to where my father was.

***