Chapter 20

Spencer

My eyes danced open and I took in my surroundings. Hospital. Everything came back to me. Ty, baby, note, wrists. I looked down at my wrists and bandages covered a whole chunk of them. I looked back up and there sat Lou, Tiny, Jasper, Nico, Cody, Ireland, Cowboy and Cookie. Two whole different families to see me. Tears formed in each of their eyes. Mine were already watering.

"I guess you don't want me anymore, eh?" Lou sauntered right up to me and poked me in the chest.

"We would want nothing more than for you to be our legal child. No buts or ifs!" I'm pretty sure my mouth dropped open farther than it possibly could.

"What?" Tiny answered my question.

"Want to know why they call me Tiny, because I'm the most caring out of them all. We took you in and I get attached to each and every child we foster but we never keep them because they didn't win over the twins but you, Sweetheart, have dug yourself so deep into their hearts you got as deep times 100 deeper. No way you think we're letting you go quite yet." Lou was the one beside me so she's the one I pulled in for a hug. Then the rest of the Santiago's joined. We stayed like that until my wrists hurt from pressing them on their backs. Something dawned on me.

"The baby!" I jumped up and the twins pushed me right back down. Tiny loomed over top of them.

"The baby is all right and is perfectly fine. They just didn't give you any drugs and had to do it the old fashion way and do it without painkillers or stuff like that. You're a tough cookie." Some of the tension in my shoulders eased but some still remain.

"And Ty?" Cowboy pointed at me.

"One sec." I raised a curious eyebrow. But I did not worry because of the smiles on their faces. Cowboy came back in the room with Ben, Frankie, Ellen and Prez. Then behind them was Ty dressed and ready to go home, anti-depressants in his hand. Everyone piled out of the room leaving me and the Arden's. Prez and Frankie glared at me and spoke in sync.

"Hurt him again, you'll regret it!" Like father like daughter. I nodded. Then they piled out and Ben popped his head back in.

"We left you to tell him." He winked and left. How am I going to tell him about how I tried hurting our baby? What if he takes it the wrong way again? We were left alone. He sat on the edge of the bed, tears threatening to fall.

"I'm sorry, I should've let you speak and made sure I was wrong and..." I grabbed his face and shut him up with a kiss. I missed those lips.

"I love you." He smiled and a tear fell.

"I love you too." I'm pretty sure I looked like shit and had tears falling down too. I looked at my hands.

"You never talked about where you plan to go when you graduate." He blushed.

"Well actually I was going to become a tattoo artist. There's a shop in town that said they had room for me and someone to help me learn to do it." I smiled wide China had to back away.

"So you're staying in town?" He nodded. "There's something I have to tell you." His smile faded into a look of great seriousness. "Well first of all, when I said that thing I said, I was about to ask if you love me or think that this was a fling. Then you took it the wrong way, tried to kill yourself then when I heard you scream at your doctors, I tried killing myself because I thought you would do better with me gone and without the burden of... of..." he searched my face.

"Of what?" I looked away to face the side of the room. He grabbed my face and made me face him. "Of what?" I took a deep breath.

"I didn't want to burden you with a child." Next thing I know is that his lips were on mine. He pulled away and looked straight into my eyes.

"I love you and the child you are carrying. You would have never burdened me with anything." He brought me to his chest and held me there. We content just staying like that.