Chapter 19

Ty

My eyes fluttered open. My surroundings we're unfamiliar and took a while for me to remember all that has happened. This time instead of my mother beside me, it was Ben and Frankie. They were bickering about something and has not noticed my awakening.

"Hey." They turned to face me. Frankie wasted no beat to tell me what she thought. She looked pissed.

"Don't you Hey us!" Ben tried calming her but it did not work. "You try to kill yourself then you go all crazy on your doctors and then all you have to say is Hey?" She shook her head. "Go all panic right now but just let me tell you this. Spencer was outside when you went all psycho on your doctors. She ran home, locked herself in her room and then tried killing herself. She even wrote a suicide note! What is wrong with you? You jumped to conclusions and not only broke your own heart but hers too. She loved you! She even had proof that she did." I jumped up.

"Is she okay? What happened? You're talking in past tense! Why?" Ben pushed her outside of the room. He sat beside me and squeezed my knee.

"Promise you won't go all depressed and shit?" I smirked and nodded. "They don't know what will happen. When Nico found her she lost a lot of blood. Nico also asked me to read you her suicide note except for the end. If she makes it through it's hers to tell. Okay?" Tears formed in my eyes as I nodded. He took out the note and read.

'May 30th,

"Some might call this Romeo and Juliette and others might call it a tragedy. I messed up big time. I let my doubts rule over everything. And one simple question ruined everything. I was in love with a boy, his smile would light up the gloomiest of days. To make it even better he loved the trouble orphan that I am, back. One simple question turned into one big fight which caused the attempted death of one and a death of another. I should've never got involved with him. I ruined his life. For he does not know of one thing and I hope no one tells but it'll just ruin him. I love him. I'm sorry for the inconvenience I have caused you all.

- Spencer Carr" my sobs got louder as I wiped my eyes. Why did I jump to conclusions? It could've caused less tragedy. Why? Ben grabbed me and held me to his chest. You usually don't see this happening between brothers but he knows I need it. I hugged him back and he jumps like he wasn't expecting it. Probably wasn't. I shook my head.

"What did I do?" Ben kissed the top of my head in a family type of way.

"It's not your fault. Just a misunderstanding. Okay? Repeat after me, This is not my fault." I chuckled. "Come on man, don't make me look like a loser here." I smiled and mumbled.

"Thisisnotmyfault..." he rolled his eyes.

"I don't think I understood. What did you say?" I went into a deep belly laugh. He followed along.

"This is not my fault." He calmed down and patted me on the shoulder.

"Good boy." I nodded back.