Chapter 1

Spencer

"We can't take care of her anymore! She's too much trouble and we can't handle it!" I sat outside of my social worker's office. My foster parents couldn't even finish their one year of fostering. Nope. They lasted three months and now I'm out. This shit sucks. I went to grab some beef jerky from the vending machine. I came back as the newman's left the office. Mr. Hidesteine came out of his office and looked straight at me with a face so full of anger you would be afraid his head would explode. He nodded his head towards his office. I followed him in. He sat at his desk and took a deep breath.

"What did you do that they didn't even last three months? What was so bad?" I looked at the floor and sat down in a chair.

"I... I... uh..." I think of Mr. David Hidesteine like a father. I cower under him when he's mad. Only other people who could do that were my mom and dad but that crash took them away from me. We were supposed to be going to the local fair but a stupid kid decided to jump in front of our car causing us to swerve off the side of the highway flipping the car in the ditch causing the roof to crush my dad and my big brother and then we hit a tree crushing my mom. I sat in the back cowering in a little ball so nothing would crush me. They were all too young to die. Dad and mom were forty-three and Michael was only sixteen. The only one to survive? The troubled ten year old kid. It should've been Michael in my opinion. He was captain of the football team, a highest honour roll student and a overall nice kid. I miss them. That was six years ago. David slammed his hand down breaking my trance.

"You turned your teacher into a smurf! Blue paint? Really?" I fiddled with my hands under the desk. "Luckily for us you have one family left wanting to take you. If you mess up this one we have no choice but to put you In A group home. You have to promise me you will try your best at this house. Please Spencer!" I nodded. He raised an eyebrow.

"Yes, I promise I will be on my best behaviour at this house." He nodded.

"We will be heading out tomorrow. Tonight you are staying with me." I grabbed my bags from the corner of the room where the Newmans had left them.