Love is a crazy thing

Caitlin Snow was sitting at home on her laptop scrolling through news reports of Central City's very own Scarlett Speedster a.k.a The Flash. But she knew him as Barry Allen. Her high school sweetheart. She remembered when they were so in love once upon a time. She desperately wished she could go back to that. But now he was with Iris. Caitlin loved Iris like a sister but was insanely jealous of her. She wanted to be the one going on dates and kissing Barry Allen. Again.
They used to be so good together.

So in love.

When did that pure love fade?

     Probably when they went to College. They wrote letters, texted, and FaceTime practically everyday, but soon school got in the way. More work piled on both of them, and they barely got any chances to speak. It wasn't until Barry was in a coma and was moved to Star Labs that she saw him again.
     When Barry woke up, all she wanted to do was hug him and say she missed him, but the first thing he mentioned was "Where is Iris? My girlfriend." Her heart sank right then and there. Tears were threatening to escape her eyes at the sound of him saying girlfriend and knowing it wasn't her who he was talking about. She didn't expect him to just wait for her his whole life, but a little part of her always thought they would be drawn back to each other.
     It wasn't until he turned around that he noticed her there. He was shocked to see her. She didn't blame him though. She was just as shocked when she heard he was the one in a coma.

Flashback:
"C-Cait? Caitlin?" Barry stuttered once he saw her.
"Yeah Barr-uh-Barry, it's me." She said as she corrected herself for using the nickname she had for him.
"Wow...um...it's great to see you! You-you look great! I mean...not that you didn't look great in high school...just saying...you know...uh...you look great." He stuttered while scratching the back of his neck.
Caitlin blushed at his words. "Thanks Barry. You look great too."
He gave her his signature goofy grin before Cisco started explaining what happened to him.

Caitlin smiled weakly at the memory. She had missed that grin. More than she cared to admit.  She and Barry had come back together but not in the way she wanted. She just can't handle being just a friend sometimes when she wants to be more than a friend to him.
She sighed and put her laptop on her bedside table. She turned off her light and climbed into bed to get some rest. Another day of pretending to like being only Barry's friend...
"Great" she mumbled to herself before drifting off into a deep sleep.

Hey everyone! This is my first snowbarry fanfic ever! I really hope you like it and it isn't that bad! Lol! I may not be able to update a lot cause of school, but we'll see how this story goes! I am going to edit this story at the end also. Vote and comment as well!💖