Forgiveness

Barry was determined to talk to Caitlin today. He was going to get her to forgive him no matter what it takes. He needed to stop wallowing in his sorrows and just go for it. It couldn't make things any worse.

Barry walked into the cortex and saw Caitlin hard at work on her computer. He quietly approached her since it seemed she didn't realize he was there.

"Hey Cait" Barry said whilst she jumped and squealed.

"Barry! You scared me! She snapped.

"Hey that rhymed!" He exclaimed playfully.

She rolled her eyes annoyed and went back to her work.

"Look Caitlin about that night." Barry began.

"There's nothing to talk about." She said beginning to walk away.

"I think there is-Cait, Caitlin" he said practically chasing after her.

Caitlin swiftly turned around and looked at him straight in the eye.

"No Barry there really isn't." She said attempting to shut the conversation down.

Barry sighed. Sometimes he hated how stubborn she was.

"Cait just let me explain." He begged.

"Fine" she mumbled leaning against the counter.

"Thank you" he breathed, "Look, I was angry at you for kissing Everyman and it was wrong for me to yell at you like that. But u can't say that it was right for you to yell at me either or that I didn't have a right to be mad at you." He explained.

She looked down to the floor shyly. He was right. If anyone should be mad, it should be him. She nodded signaling him to continue.

"But I-I guess I figured out that...that...um" He stuttered. She looked up at him confused. Barry could feel his cheeks getting hot. Here comes the hard part in the explanation.
"Well, I was mad that you voluntarily kissed him, but I guess I was really mad that you were basically kissing another guy."

Her eyes widened. Was Barry just jealous? He technically did just say it.

"Barry were you jealous?" A smile threatening to appear on her lips as she said it.

"What! Me?" Barry croaked his voice really high. "Cait come on-I-no" he said nervously. He started scratching the back of his neck as well.

"You were!" She exclaimed giddily.

Barry loved seeing her like this. Not the cold and distant type of Caitlin Snow, but the nice, funny, kind type.

"Ok...I guess I kind of was" he admitted.

He really didn't know why but he just was. Caitlin however couldn't have been happier.
That meant there was a chance Barry had some kinds of feelings towards her. Or at least she hoped.

She clapped her hands together in victory "I knew it!" She smirked.

He pouted. "Well you don't have to be so smug about it."

Caitlin threw her head back and laughed. She couldn't remember when she laughed this hard. Not since she was with Barry.

"Man I've missed that laugh" he said not realizing he said it out loud.

Caitlin blushed furiously and ducked her head down to hide it.

"So, do you forgive me now?" Barry asked hopefully.

Caitlin smiled and nodded "Yes Barry I forgive you. It was wrong of me to get mad at you as well. You did nothing wrong, I'm just a hothead sometimes."

Barry threw his arms around Caitlin and just like with their other embrace, she reciprocated it with a wide smile.

As they were hugging, Cisco came in to the cortex and saw the two lost in their embrace. He quietly exited the room and went to his workshop with a grin on his face. He knew about Caitlin and Barry's past relationship, and he honestly shipped them 100%. He didn't have anything against Iris, it's just there was a lot more chemistry between the two.  He knew they were meant for each other. They just had to figure it out for themselves.