I Miss You...

Caitlin soon began to stand up and walk a little by herself. Barry was again by her side every step of the way until she made a full recovery. That included flashing her to work in the morning. Flashing her back at night. Which actually didn't work so well at times since Dr. Snow was always the last one to leave, no matter how late. Barry often found himself falling asleep in the chair he would sit on waiting for her to be ready. He was always embarrassed when she woke him up, but she always found it very cute.

"Barry, you really don't have to stay with me all the time. I don't want to be a burden." Caitlin said as they came into her apartment, "Besides, I can walk on my own now."

"Cait, don't say that. You could never be a burden to me. It was my fault you got hurt in the first place." He frowned dropping his head down.

"You don't say that. Barry Allen listen to me. Not every thing is on you. Vortex could have stabbed anybody. Cisco. Iris. It's not your fault. No matter what he says. We all knew the risks that would come when we signed onto Team Flash, and we will stand by you through it all...through every scar." She stated softly.

He looked up into her eyes and smiled softly. He then wrapped his arms around her and squeezed her tightly. Caitlin without hesitation reciprocated the hug with a huge smile on her face.

She had missed this. She had missed him. His hugs. His scent. His kisses. The way he would gaze at her lovingly. The way he would make her laugh by doing the simplest things. At this point, she didn't want to let go. Not again.

But then he did.

"Well, I think I should get going." He said pulling away.

"Um...yeah, yeah...we're probably going to have a long d-day tomorrow so- so we should both get some sleep." She stuttered.

He looked at her and frowned. He could tell that something was up with her. What did he do now? Everything was fine a minute ago. Rather than pushing her, he simply nodded and flashed out of her apartment.

She sighed and sat on her couch. She chuckled to herself.

"De ja vu"
________________________________

The next morning, Barry was awakened by the sound of his phone ringing. He looked at the caller ID before answering.

"Cisco? What is it? He yawned.

"Barry, I just wanted to inform you that there is a new meta shapeshifter out there! Pretty sick if he didn't like you know rob banks and steal other people's identities and stuff, but be on alert. He hacked into the police data base and basically knows everything about everyone." Cisco said through the phone.

Barry rolled his eyes playfully before replying, "Thanks Cisco. I'll come by the lab to help out."

Once he hung up, Barry quickly flashed out of bed and got ready for the day all in the span of 5 seconds. Being a speedster pays off in more ways than one.

He was about to leave when he heard a knock on his door. He went to opened and was shocked at who he saw.

"Iris!?" He exclaimed, "what are you doing here I thought you were on that reporting job with your boss for the next two weeks?"

"We finished earlier than he thought so I got to come back home!" Iris exclaimed a little weirdly.

Barry noticed but just shrugged it off.