4 in the Morning

Barry groaned and rubbed his eyes. 4 in the morning. It was 4 in the morning and Iris was still calling and texting him. The way his phone illuminated in the dark room gave him a pretty good idea of who it was each time.

We need to talk

Barry

Look, I'm sorry to keep disturbing you but we really need to talk

I just can't sleep knowing we're not okay

Barry please

He looked back at Caitlin peacefully sleeping, her head on his chest. He recalled the memories of last night and smiled.

It soon faded as his phone lit up again like a firefly. How is she even still awake? Barry thought to himself.

After a while, the messages stopped coming. She must of went to sleep. He turned his phone off just to be sure before snuggling back with Cait and soon falling asleep.
________________________________

Caitlin woke up fairly early that morning. She looked up at Barry sleeping and smiled. She got out of bed and began to get dressed. She would love to just stay in bed with Barry, but they both have to work. She let him sleep for awhile until it was actually time for him to wake up.

"Barry? Barry sweetie you have to wake up now." She softly shook him.

Barry still laid there unmoving. She sighed and did the only thing she could think of doing. She leaned down and peppered kisses all down his neck. She felt him stir and she kept doing what she was doing. He groaned.

"Mmmm..that's a nice way to wake up." He groaned sleepily pulling her closer.

"Barr you have to get up. We still need to find out more about Vortex. I think Cisco can pinpoint his location and maybe I can make some sort of serum to dampen his powers so you can stop him. That or we canhit him with the meta human brace." She stated.

"Have I ever told you how much I love it when you talk all sciencey" he said making his way on top of her.

She laughed, "hey you talk all 'sciencey' too"

He leant down and whispered "It's cuter when you do it" and pressed his lips to hers in a passionate kiss.

She kissed back and moaned as his tongue collided with hers. She soon pushed him off. "Don't think you can distract me Mister. Go! You need to get dressed!" She swatted him away with a giggle.

He walked out the room to go get ready but not before flashing (no pun intended) her one of his signature smiles. She shook her head smiling.

This is was to good to be true.
________________________________
They decided to take Caitlin's car to Star Labs as Barry was way to tired to run. Caitlin was driving but would steal quick glances at Barry out of the corner of her eye. He was currently lying against the car door struggling to keep his eyes open.

"Barry if you are still too tired you could've told me." She said softly.

"It's not that Cait...Iris was texting and calling me till 4 am saying that we needed to talk. Ever since she saw me speed out of the apartment she's been texting me non-stop." He said yawning and a little angrily.

Caitlin just froze in her spot. Her hand gripped the steering wheel with force. Barry noticed this and looked at her. "Hey you okay?" He put his hand on hers attempting to ease her grip a little.

She pulled into the Star Labs parking lot, took her seatbelt off, and turned to him. "You-you saw Iris and you didn't tell me? Did it not seem that important to you to tell me, your current girlfriend, that your ex-girlfriend/your current girlfriend's friend came back from her job! And a day late no less!" She snapped.

His eyes widened. He totally forgot to tell her Iris was back. She was not taking it well either. He was going to tell her, but then...well...they got a little distracted last night.

"Um...ya. Look Cait I'm so sorry! I was going to tell you but then we-well-got a little distracted." He told her.

She couldn't help but blush a little. She calmed down and looked at him with soft eyes. "You're lucky I can't stay mad at you for long, Allen...but don't ever forget to tell something that important again!" She warned.

"I know and I won't. I promise, she just caught me off guard. And well...you did too." He said giving her a goofy smile.

She rolled her eyes at his antics. "So you're complaining?" She pursed her lips.

"No not at all!" He said.

Caitlin laughed before getting out of the car with Barry following behind her. She stopped in her tracks and turned to face him. "I love you Barry Allen." She whispered looking into his eyes.

Barry wrapped his arms around her and pressed his lips to her head. "I love you too Caitlin Snow, so much."
________________________________

"Ok, so where are we on finding Vortex" Barry asked.

They've been working for what seemed like hours, but nothing has come up so far.

"Um..how about nowhere" Cisco stared flatly, "I mean it's like he sped off the face of the earth."

"It's true. There have been no sightings of him. He's just...gone." Caitlin said.

"Whose gone?" A voice came from behind them.

Barry looked up and instantly rolled his eyes. "What do you want Iris?" He said annoyed.

"Can we talk? Alone? She pleaded.

Barry looked at Caitlin and she silently nodded. Barry sighed and gestured Iris out of the room and into the hallway.

"Did you get my texts? Or calls?" Iris questioned.

"Yes. And Iris why would you text me at 4 in the morning! We broke up remember? You cheated on me."

"I know and Barry I'm so sorry, but I feel like we still need to tal-" Barry interrupted her.

"Iris look I-" she cut him off this time.

"Barry please let me talk! I'm so sorry for kissing Eddie like that...it's just...I don't know.
I felt you slipping away. And I guess I just got really vulnerable and Eddie was there and well you know. But I never meant to hurt you Barry. I do love you, but now I think I just see you as a best friend. I thought we could make it work when I got back, but I've been doing some thinking. And now I-I just don't see us together anymore.  And as hard as it was to admit that to myself, I had to come to terms with it because it's true. But still Barry I'm so sorry." Iris rambled.

"Iris...I agree with you." Barry said calmly.

Iris looked at him in shock. "Y-you do?"

Barry nodded. "I felt you slipping away as well and I realized that we're just not what we used to be. I realized that I love someone else. I think when we started dating I pushed all those feelings down, but now I see that I only love you as a best friend." Barry explained.

Iris felt a little hurt and so did Barry at her speech but they both knew it was right.

"Best friends?" Iris said hopefully.

"Best friends" Barry replied.

They both smiled at each other before Iris asked, "Who is the person that you love Barry?"

Barry froze. Should he say it was Caitlin? Her and Iris have been getting along lately and he didn't want to ruin that friendship, but it was going to come out sooner or later.  There was reason to hide it now.

"Caitlin" Barry said smiling.

"Oh...I-"

A bright red light sped into the building and Iris was gone. "IRIS!" Barry yelled. He was about to chase after them but Cisco ran out shouting his name.

"Barry! Barry! Vortex took Caitlin!" Cisco exclaimed.

Barry gulped. "He's also got Iris" he whispered in horror.

Hey guys! We had a smidge of WestAllen in here today but not that much. I do love Iris, but I just don't ship her and Barry. Anyway, this Vortex guy keeps coming and going! I'll update soon! Don't forget to Vote and Comment💖