I'll Defeat Him and then I'll Get Her

Barry was sweating. He clutched the dark blue box in his pocket like his life depended on it. In a way it kinda did. When was he supposed propose? Before they stop Vortex? After?

Frankly, he didn't even remember buying the ring. It's like one second he was at Star Labs thinking of buying the ring and the next second...he was receiving the receipt for it.

Cisco had successfully built the trap for Dr. Wells and he was on his way to see how it works. Hundred of thoughts kept swirling around in his brain like a tornado. It was all too much.

Barry arrived at Star Labs silent. Listening to Cisco explain how the trap works.

"This trap is basically like the cells in the pipeline but modified. Once you trap him in here, the cell will automatically lock and release a gas that will weaken him. As soon as he is weakened, Barry has a choice to make.

I researched the earth he's from and learned the thing that can destroy the wish is the person who created him. And that's when Barry comes in. Since you were the one who wished him here, you can think of any way to get rid of him. Melt him, erase him from existence...all you have to do is think it. But you have to be committed. If you miss your chance, there will be no other way to get rid of him" Cisco explained.

"Whoa" Caitlin breathed out after hearing all that.

Barry who stayed silent finally spoke up, "I am committed. I will do whatever it takes to get rid of him. I'm not letting him go this time."

Cisco nodded and went upstairs. Caitlin was about to follow but Barry stopped her, "Hey Cait, I...I wanted to ask you something."

Caitlin smiled softly at him, "What is it Bar?"

"Do you love me?"

"Barry what kind of question is that? Of course I love you and I always will" she replied, not understanding why he asked.

"That's all I needed to here" he cheered, "Caitlin Snow w-"

All of a sudden, Vortex was at the opposite side of the room staring at them coldly. "Let's finish this once and for all Flash. I'm tired of waiting and you and everyone you love will feel my wrath!"

"You want to fight? Huh? Is that what you want! Because I swear your about to lose." He spat.

"May the fastest man win" he smiled creepily and sped off.

"Barry don't" Caitlin begged.

"Cait, I have to" he replied and sped after Vortex.

As they were running throughout Central City, Barry yelled in his comms for Cisco to get the trap ready. This time he was bringing Dr. Wells down.

"Is it ready?" Caitlin asked desperately.

"Oh it's ready alright...we just have to wait" Cisco replied nervously.

Meanwhile, Barry and Dr. Wells were fighting non-stop. They both had landed some solid punches but Barry needed to draw him back to Star Labs. And by the way Dr. Wells was punching, he needed to do it fast.

With all his might, Barry ran faster and ended up ahead of Vortex. He lead him directly to Star Labs where Caitlin and Cisco were nervously waiting.

"Now! Guys, do it now!" Barry shouted when he sped into the building.

Vortex ran right into the trap and Cisco successfully closed it. The gas soon released all throughout the box making Vortex take off his mask.

"Barry he's weakened! Make the wish! Get rid of him!" Cisco yelled.

"You-you w-will...never be able to get r-rid...me Barry. W-why even try!" Vortex chuckled, coughing as he now lay on the ground of the cell.

Barry just stared at him.Was he right? Barry thought. Will I ever be rid of him? Is this considered killing? Will this make me a killer and I'll be so beat up about it that Dr. Wells will win again?

"Barr, you need to hurry! Do it!" Caitlin's voice ripped through his thoughts, "I believe in you!"

That was all the courage Barry needed. He closed his eyes. Focused on what he wanted...

I wish...

"NO!" Barry opened his eyes to see Dr. Wells slowly erasing from existence. He did it. He won. "I'll be back Barry! You will never defeat me!"

Barry scoffed, "I just did." And he was gone.

Caitlin ran to Barry and jumped into his arms. "Cait, are you okay?"

"Yes, Barry I'm fine! You did it! You defeated him!" She exclaimed happily.

"Team Flash for the win Baby!" Cisco shouted out, "But let's make a no-wishes rule please...that was scary as heck!"

They all shared a laugh, "I'm so proud of you, honey." Caitlin whispered softly kissing his lips.

"I love you Caitlin. And now that Vortex is gone, I can finally ask you the what I've been meaning to ask you."

"Barry what are you-"

Barry pulled the dark blue box out of his pocket and got on one knee. Caitlin gasped as tears began welling in her eyes. Cisco had a wide smile plastered on his face and couldn't help but squeal just a tad bit.

"Caitlin Snow, you are my light, my life, and my everything. You always have been. Will you make me the happiest fastest man alive and marry me?"

Caitlin laughed and nodded happily, "Yes! Oh my-Yes!" She squealed and kissed him passionately. Barry slid the ring on her finger and resumed their kiss while Cisco started clapping in the background and yelling things like 'I shipped it from the start!'

Everything was perfect.

I would just like to say I'm sorry if my action scenes are lame. But for me I'd say I did pretty good considering I don't really write a lot of action. Hopefully I'll get better at it lol! Thanks to all who vote and comment! Bye for now!💖