It all Came Toppling Down (Literally)

Caitlin walked up to the door and shouted,"What part of leave me alone did you not understand! Go away, Barry!"

"Come on Caitlin, we've been through to much together to let each other down now." He said softly through the door.

She contemplated what he said and finally decided to open up the door and let him in.

"Thanks" he smiled softly.

They both made there way to her couch and sat at opposite ends.

"Are you going to tell me what's wrong? Because if I did anything I am so sorry. I hate seeing you so upset." Barry said breaking the silence this time.

It was true. Every time he saw her cry or not have that happy expression or heartwarming smile on her face, a little piece of him breaks. She deserves to be happy.

"Barry" she said closing her eyes. This was too painful.

"Hey look at me." He whispered. Barry moved closer to her and put his right hand under her chin.

She looked up at him with her beautiful brown eyes meeting his emerald green ones. They both just sat there completely mesmerized by each other. Slowly, they leant in...

But Caitlin gasped and pulled away. Nothing can happen between them. He is with Iris. He loves her. Nothing can happen.

Barry looked at her out of the corner of his eye. What were they just about to do? He doesn't have feelings for Cait anymore...does he? He certainly did not miss that red top she was wearing today and how she looked all too good in it. But, he shouldn't be thinking like that. He was with Iris. He loves Iris. He just came to Caitlin as a friend nothing more.

Just then, Barry's phone lit up with a text from Cisco asking him where they were, and that there is a robbery taking place.

Caitlin saw the text and said "Go."

He looked at her confused.

She nodded towards his phone. "There are people who need the Flash more than me right now."

"He smiled weakly at her before replying, "just promise me you'll be at Star Labs when I get back."

Caitlin nodded and soon her hair was being blown back behind her as Barry sped off to stop the robbery. She will never get used to him doing that.

~At Star Labs~

"So why  were you and Barry so late?" Cisco asked

"No reason. I just forgot something at my apartment, and Barry flashed me back there." She lied badly.

"Uh-huh" Cisco said unconvinced.

Before the conversation could go any further, Barry flashed inside and collapsed on the ground.

"BARRY!" They both screamed in unison.
Caitlin rushed over to him in a heartbeat.

"I-I stopped them but o-one guy shot me in the chest when I wa-wasn't pay-paying attention" Barry stuttered out.

Pools of blood were spilling out of his chest and all around him. He was fading fast, but Caitlin wasn't losing him.

"Cisco! Help me get him to the medical bay!"
________________________________

A few hours later, Barry began to come to.

"Hey" Caitlin smiled weakly. He could tell she had been crying.

"She totally saved your life dude" Cisco said, "don't ever scare us like that again!"

He groaned. "No promises" He replied with a grin.

Cisco left to get him some Big Belly Burger leaving Caitlin and Barry alone. Caitlin started to check his wounds which were almost healed due to his fast healing abilities.

Caitlin went to get a syringe to take his blood, but it was lying on a shelf that was too high for her to reach as well as other things she needed. And to top it all off, it was above Barry's head.
Barry noticed this and started to move to help her but she stopped him.

"No!" Caitlin exclaimed, "You're hurt and you should be resting. I'll just-um-" 

She took off her heels and began to climb onto the bed with him while his eyes just widened. She positioned herself so that her legs were on opposite sides of him.

"Look, I'm just going to reach up real quick to get what I need so tell me if I hurt you." She said cautiously.

He just nodded and placed his hands on her waist. She stiffened at his touch but then relaxed.

Barry mentally face palmed himself. Why would he do that? Sometimes he's just so stupid.

"Uh...sorry. Habit I-I guess" they both blushed before she resumed what she was doing.

As she stretched up further, her red shirt rode up more revealing a part of her stomach. Barry's breath caught in his throat, but she didn't seem to notice. He tried to look away; however, he just couldn't. He never could.

Flashback:
"Barry! That tickles! Caitlin giggled.

They were both currently on his bed, and Barry was continuously peppering kisses on her stomach making her moan and giggle at the same time.

"Well, that's precisely the point Ms. Snow" he teased.

"Ok stop someone is bound to walk in." She said although secretly hoping he would keep on going.

"No one is going to walk in. Besides, I know you and I highly doubt you want me to stop." He smirked.

She giggled again before bringing his head back to her lips and kissed passionately. They both smiled into the kiss before slightly pulling apart.

"Well you know if you can't resist my stomach that much then that's a whole new thing to tease you with." She smirked while bouncing her eyebrows.

He pouted before pecking her lips one more time and diving back down to her stomach but not before hearing a cute little squeal come from her lips.

At that point, his lips were almost touching her skin. All he had to do was lean in and...

"BARRY, OH MY GOSH ARE YOU OK!" A voice rang out through the cortex. It was Iris.

The sudden outburst made Barry jump and without thinking push his hands off Cait making her lose her balance and topple down to the floor. He quickly flashed out of the bed just in time to catch her before she hit the hard ground.

It didn't make much of a difference though as the sudden movement had put a sharp pain in Barry's wound making him scream in pain and send them both toppling to the floor instead.

"Are you guys ok! I'm so sorry!" Iris exclaimed.

"I'm ok...how about you Barry?" Cait asked.

He groaned before replying "Yeah Yeah I'm good."

"Whoa...what did I miss?" Cisco asked confused on what he just walked in on.

Barry wasn't paying attention though. It finally struck him. What was he about to do? Kiss Cait's stomach? Stupid move Barry just stupid. And that was the second time today. What was happening to him?

Whoa! This was more than 1,000 words! I didn't really know what to right exactly. The idea was in my head but I couldn't really put it into the right words ya know? Anyway I hope this chapter was good!💖