The Date

Friday had rolled around quicker than the couple expected and they just couldn't wait for their date. Barry had been planning it all week and was going to make sure it was absolutely perfect. It was truly going to be a night to remember.

Caitlin was even more excited about the date. Barry would always plan the most romantic dates and she just couldn't wait to see how special it is. She was lost in her daydream until Cisco broke her out of her thoughts.

"Caitlin? Earth to Caitlin! Did you hear what I said?"

"What? Oh-no sorry Cisco I was thinking about my date with Barry tonight" she confessed.

"Eww spare me the details" Cisco said.

Caitlin rolled her eyes "Care to tell me what you were saying then?"

"Right. I was saying that I've been thinking a lot about what Vortex said...you know the whole "I won't kill your friends cause they are the only ones that will help you become what I need you to be"- what does that mean? Does he need Barry to become faster for something like Dr. Wells needed him to? We really need to figure it out." Cisco explained.

Caitlin nodded slowly "I agree. But it may be more complex than that" Caitlin then looked at her watch and noticed the time. "Alright Cisco I have to go get ready." She said packing up.

"Don't you have like 2 more hours until he picks you up?"

"A woman can take her time" she said and walked out.

Cisco scoffed playfully, "have fun!" He called out.

...

Later that evening, Caitlin was checking herself in the mirror multiple times constantly fixing her dress and hair. She really wanted to impress Barry so she went with an off the shoulder red cocktail dress that was almost backless and some black pumps. Her hair was curled and flowed perfectly down her shoulders  whilst one side was pinned back and she had applied some light makeup to top it all off.

She thought she looked good. She was excited and nervous about the date. It was like they were going on their first date all over again.

Flashback:

Caitlin was biting her lip nervously. Barry would be here any minute now to pick her up for their date. She tried on at least seventy different outfits before finally settling on one. She heard the faint ringing of the doorbell and checked herself one more time before heading to the door and answering it.

There she found Barry in a nice red shirt with black dress pants. He just stared at her in awe. She looked amazing. She was wearing a mid length green dress with black boots and her hair was in a high pony tail. She looked absolutely perfect.

"Uh Barry?" She said noticing he had been standing there frozen.

"Oh um...sorry. Wow, Caitlin you look...amazing. I mean...not that you don't look amazing everyday. You do. It's just...that dress...and...you...and...and I'm just going to stop taking now." He rambled blushing.

Caitlin blushed at his words. "You look pretty amazing too"

"Shall we?"

"We shall Mr. Allen."

~End of Flashback~

A few moments later there was a knock at her door. Barry insisted letting her get ready at her apartment and it would be no trouble for him to get ready at his since Iris was going out tonight. That was also something she was going to talk to him about tonight. She looked at her self one more time before rushing to the door and opening it.