Say Something

I recommend listening to the sound while reading.

Time stopped.

Everything slowed down.

Blood.

That's the only thing they could see.

Blood.

"NOOOOO!" Barry shouted as he ran over to Caitlin. "Cait! Caitlin! Oh please Cait stay with me!" He pleaded.

"B-Barry I-I" she started but dozed off.

"No Cait stay with me! Say something!"
Tears were forming in his eyes, "CISCO! CISCO WHERE ARE YOU!" He cried out.

He heard a loud groan come from across the room.

"Barry? What-what happened?" Cisco questioned as he got up. His eyes widened at the sight in front of him.

"Oh my gosh! Caitlin! Barry get her over to the medical bay." Cisco exclaimed while clutching his side."

Barry carefully scooped her up in his arms and led her onto the bed.

"Who did this!"

"That speedster Vortex! But Cisco we have to do something she's fading fast!" Barry cried.

"First of all, that's a terrible name. Second, I-I don't know what to do. We- we need a doctor. Someone who can help her!" Cisco said clutching his head.

Barry had an idea and flashed out of the room. He soon came back but he was not alone. With him stood a man in his late 40s who looked around and was obviously very confused.

"Wha-wha-where am I?" The doctor asked baffled.

"Sir" Barry said with his mask on and disguising his voice, "I need you to save my friend."

The man wearing the name tag of "Dr. Greyman" jaw dropped. He was absolutely shocked to be standing this close to the Flash himself. Coming back to reality, he looked down at Caitlin then back at the two men.

"I'll see what I can do." He replied firmly.

________________________________

Hours later, Dr. Greyman had finished his surgery on Caitlin, and Barry flashed him back to the hospital but not before they both said thank you to each other. Barry saying thank you for saving Caitlin's life. Dr. Greyman saying thank you for all that the Flash has done for the city.

Barry sat by Caitlin's side the whole time. Cisco tried to get him to go home for awhile, but he refused. He had to stay there. He couldn't leave her alone not when she was like this. How could he let this happen? He was going to get revenge on the so called Vortex. He was going to make him pay for hurting Cait.

"Hey Cait. I need you to wake up. Just say something. Please." Barry said softly.

He brought his hand into hers. "Just wake up."
________________________________

3 days had passed and Caitlin still won't wake up. Dr. Greyman said it was completely normal and that they just had to be patient. But patience was something that Barry didn't have anymore.

"Arghh! Cisco I can't take this anymore! Why won't she wake up!" Barry shouted pounding his fist on the table.

"Look man, I want her to wake up just as badly as you do, but we have to be patient like Dr. Greyman said!" Cisco exclaimed.

Barry clenched his jaw and balled up his fist. "I'm running out of patience" he spoke through gritted teeth.

Cisco shook his head and went out to get them some lunch since Barry still refused to go home. Crime had been low lately and the police department really didn't need him right now for anything. So he just sat there...waiting. Waiting for her to wake up. Waiting for her to smile. Waiting for her to just be there again.

"Cait come on. You're stronger than this. Please just wake up!" Barry begged.

Just then he heard a gasp come from Caitlin. And her eyes fluttered open. "B-Barry?" She said breathlessly.

"Cait! Oh my gosh you're awake! Thank God I thought I lost you!" He cried happily.

"It's ok Barr I'm right here" She replied weakly.

"Cait...I thought you were going to die." He said sadly.

"But I didn't" she replied teasingly with a wide smile.

He chuckled. Even after emerging from a coma, she still seemed to light up a room. Words couldn't even describe how happy he was to see her okay.

"I guess now you know how I feel every time you go out there" She continued.

He laughed softly again "Definitely."