He's Going Crazy

Team Flash has seen a lot of things over the years, but this was by far the weirdest. How could Dr. Wells be Vortex? They erased him from existence and he's still here.

"I️ don't understand" Barry said as he speed read through 5 books, "He can't be alive! He just can't be."

"Maybe there's an explanation. It's probably not even the Dr. Wells we know." Cisco suggested.

"Not the same? Cisco it's him! We have to realize that, and we have to stop him!"

"Barry, sweetie calm down. We are on your side here, but there has to be more to the story." Caitlin soothed.

Barry ran his hand on the back of his neck and sighed, "I️ want to talk to him."

"Barr we don't even know-" Caitlin began but was cut off.

"You want to talk Flash let's talk." Dr. Wells voice rang throughout the building.

"It's just like the time we were trying to get a confession out of him. It really is him." Cisco said in shock.

"Not really, Cisco" He said again.

"Who are you then!" Barry shouted.

"You see Barry that's the thing. I am Dr. Wells but more like a version. And not one of those flimsy other earth Wells, no. I'm someone way more powerful. In fact, you created me."

"What is he talking about!" Caitlin whispered.

"Barry, did you create him? How did you even do that?" Cisco asked.

"What! No! I didn't create him that's not even possible!" Barry exclaimed.

"Barry, in that confusing time in your life you wished that something would take your mind off of it. You were angry and that anger turned into your worse fear."

"That impossible" Caitlin whispered.

"Yes, IM POSSIBLE (get it? Lol no? Ok)" he joked sarcastically.

Cisco rolled his eyes and muttered, "Same sense of humor."

"I guess you could say this was the result of another earths action. Where wishes can be granted through emotions. Some of this earth's "magic" can sometimes seep into other earths...I guess it got you at the right moment." Dr. Wells explained slyly.

All three of them were completely flabbergasted. To think that such an earth even existed was too much to comprehend for the three scientist. All Barry wanted to do is punch that smirk right off of his face. Even if he couldn't see it, he just knew it was there.

"Well, it's time for me to leave you guys...oh and just let me clarify...I will be back. I mean, you always knew that. Right Barry?" And with that he left.

Barry turned to look at Cisco and Caitlin and shook his head in despair. Little did they know, it wasn't all because of Dr. Wells. It because of what he was thinking...of what he was so angry, so confused about...that brought him here.
______

"Home sweet Home" Caitlin said softly, walking through the door to their apartment.

After a long day at Star Labs, Cisco concluded that there was, in fact, an earth in the multiverse that matches the description Dr. Wells gave them perfectly.

The whole day was then filled with algorithms, guessing where Dr. Wells now was, how they were going to trap him this time, a lot of broken punching bags with sand still seeping out of them from the work of an angry speedster...

"Yeah, look Cait, I have to tell you something...something I should have told you a long time ago" Barry breathed out as they flopped on the couch, avoiding all eye contact with her.

"What is it Barr?" Caitlin asked nervously. She had been thinking about what Barry could have been so angry about that made Dr. Wells the third...fourth...she couldn't keep track anymore...show up all day. Maybe this was it. She prayed it wasn't anything she did. But then again, what did she even do? Everything had been going so great for them.

"It's about what I was so angry about to make Dr. Wells appear again" he began, "It was because of you. Well not you exactly. Remember when we were fighting because you kissed everyman?"

She nodded slowly, not really interested in recalling that painful memory.

"Well, I was so angry at you. Angry isn't even what I would describe it as. All that anger inside of me had also mixed with the jealousy I was experiencing. Of course I didn't know why I was so jealous at the time, but it still left me confused and sad because I thought I lost you as a friend." he explained.

"Barry, that's totally fine. We were both very ang-"

"That's not all" He spoke quickly, cutting her off. His eyes glued shut and his hand slipping away from her hold. "When we had our first night together, I knew I loved you but I also was incredibly sad and mad that Iris would just cheat on me like that. And that's when the thoughts started swarming my head. Maybe I didn't really love you. Maybe this was just me being sad over Iris. Maybe...maybe I made a mistake."

Caitlin could feel tears welling in her eyes. So he lied to her. The morning after their first night when she asked him if he was still in love it Iris...he lied. "So you lied to me? Was it because you felt bad? Because you made a mistake and now you've been doing this "relationship" with me just because you felt bad and didn't know how to get out of it!" She yelled standing up from her position.

Barry's eyes widened, "What! No, Cait your jumping to conclusions! I do love you! And our relationship is real! Just let me finish-"

"No Barry I think I understand quite clearly" she exclaimed rolling her eyes. And not in the playful way.

"Cait, yes I did think those things, but the more I thought about them the more I knew I was absolutely wrong! I hated myself for even thinking about it!" He said in more of a hushed tone.

"A-are you sure that's it? What if you still love Iris and it's making you more confused and-and angry. What if that's why Dr. Wells is here? Cause your still fueling him." Caitlin croaked out.

"The only way I would be fueling him now is because how angry he's making me by being here. I'm sorry that I keep making you doubt my love for you but trust me Cait, it's real." He assured cupping her face.

She sighed and leant into his touch, "I don't doubt your love for me Barry. Never have-well maybe just a moment ago. But I'm sorry that I doubted it. I think Dr. Wells being here is making all of us on edge."

"I'm sorry too. You are the best thing in my life Caitlin Snow. The best thing and..." he whispered then trailed off.

"Same here Barr. I can't imagine my life without you again." She replied, not noticing how he trailed off, and pressed her lips to his in a passionate kiss. Barry got too distracted in the kiss and let his one thought go out of his mind.

"And one day, I'm going to make you my wife."