The First Time We Met

Sometimes being an alien is awesome because of the cool powers, a new identity, and a way to be a hero, but other times it sucks. I focus so much on being Supergirl that sometimes I don't know how to be Kara.

Like today I went into work as Kara Danvers and was thrown out of a window as Supergirl. Shockingly for the first time ever, Supergirl was the one being saved.

______________________

"What the-" I exclaim looking down at my fire covered outfit. "Wha-" a red-clad man yells surprised. His face is covered and there is a lightning bolt on his clearly defined chest. Snap out of it Kara! Siobhan was in CatCo and here I am fawning over a man who saved ME. 

His hands go up automatically to pat the fire out, but they stop hesitantly before saying, "No, no," shaking his head back and forth, "I'll let you get that." Quickly putting the fire out I fly up throwing my clothes on the man who "rescued me" and take off back to CatCo. 

"Where am I?" I ask out loud in the open-air noticing that I am far from the city. "What the hell?" I say as soon as I see a red streak catching up to me. Swooping back to the ground I force the blur to stop.

With my hands on my hips, I stare at the strange man trying to intimidate him. "Who are you?" I question somewhat peeved that there is yet another alien to deal with. "Who am I?" He asks surprised. "Yes!" I yell. Who does he think I am? 

"I'm the Flash," he says pointing to his chest, I mean his umm emblem. I search my brain trying to remember if I had seen the crest before. Nope. "Okay..." "You don't know who I am?" He repeats. Cocking my hip to one side I sigh exasperatedly. I don't have time for this. "No, I have no idea who you are." "Green Arrow? Black Canary? Firestorm? Zoom?" He asks and I shake my head to each one. "Okay Flash, why in the world did you save me?" He looks at me as if I'm crazy and then looks at my suit trying to work something out. "You were falling through a window!" His tone was one of disbelief but he was still pondering after watching me fly. "Yes, but I'm Supergirl," I say motioning down to my chest. He looks at my family crest with questioning eyes. "Super girl?" He asks.

Turning around he places his hands on his head. "Damn," he mumbles. "Super girl," he turns towards me. He moves his hands to remove the red material that covers his face to reveal the most beautiful green eyes, full lips, and slightly pink cheeks. "I think I'm on the wrong Earth."

_____________________

After Barry explained multiple earths, time travel, and his speed we got to work trying to find him a way home, but like always other stuff came up the Silver Banshee and Livewire.

"Do you ever feel like you are the Flash more than Barry Allen?" I ask my new found friend as we sip a new concoction that is supposed to give every species some sort of buzz. After defeating the female Frankenweenie's Barry and I decided to unwind at the alien dive bar. "Yah," he responds looking at me with a gaze so strong I swear that he can see my soul. 

"But The Flash is Barry Allen," he tells me leaning across the table, "I don't know about you but this drink is doing absolutely nothing." Chuckling I distract my self from the feeling of his closeness. He is from another Earth! So what, a voice in my head snaps, you're from another planet! "Apparently it works for every being but speedsters and Kryptonians."
If I leaned in just a little...

I jump slightly as his hand appears out of nowhere. Moving a fallen blond curl he tucks it behind my ear letting his fingers skim my cheek, "It gets better. Not easier but better. Someone once told me that people like us never get the girl, or guy, I don't believe that not anymore. We are who we are. 

"The Flash and Supergirl. Kara and Barry." He looks at me with his green eyes scrutinizing something, trying to figure out what to say to make me feel better. I follow his movement and move my hand to smooth out the crinkle between his eyes. "Thanks," I tell him wanting him to know that I understand.

When he relaxes his forehead he lets his head fall into my hand. "It's crazy how easy it's to be me around you. No lies. Just me." He closes his eyes for a moment allowing me to study every detail of his face. I'm so absorbed in my studies that it seems that he uses his enhanced speed because in the next moment his lips are on mine.

My surprise lasts for less than a second. The hand that caressed his face just moments before pulls him closer to me and the other travels down his toned chest. Licking my lower lip I let out a gasp. Leaning in more I feel my butt rise off the chair causing Barry to pull back. We both breathe. "Wow," I whisper. "Wow," he agrees.

"Let's go," I tell him looking into his eyes. Smiling he nods. We both leave the bar with a different type of buzz. When we are outside Barry grabs my waist turning me around so that I am facing him. "What?" I can't fight the smile on my face. It's a smile that reaches my eyes. The kind that I can feel in my toes. 

"Come here," he tells me with the same smile. Stepping close to him I feel his arm around my waist. Then we are running. It feels close to flying except his feet never leave the ground. Stopping at my apartment door Barry lays me against it allowing me to catch a breath. "Wow,"  I tell him "but not as wow as this." I pull him back to my lips.