~eight~

"Pfft. Apologize?! Why in the world would I do that?" You laughed.

Ciel smirked.

"Because I'm not letting you go until you do so. I just want a short apology for your behavior earlier. You and I both know that what happened was an accident and frankly," He gripped his chest dramatically, "I'm hurt."

You sighed.

"That's all you want?" You asked, not really wanting to hear any more of his conditions.

"That's all I want." He replied.

You gulped. You had wanted to apologize before this whole incident even started, but you were too prideful to say it in front of everyone. In fact, that was what you were flustered about when Ciel started making fun of you. You were debating on whether or not you wanted to tell him sorry.

But this felt a little forced.

You turned your head away from his piercing gaze, trying to muster enough confidence to not stutter.

"Well? I'm listening." He commented, slyly grinning.

"...I'm sorry..." You muttered.

"What was that? I couldn't quite hear you."

You turned your head towards him again, gritting your teeth.

"I'm. Sorry." You spat. He smiled victoriously at you and released your wrists from his hold. As soon as you felt that your hands were free, you drew your hand back and slapped him as hard as you could muster. He tumbled off of you and landed onto the floor, cradling his burning cheek. The carriage came to a slow halt, signaling that you had arrived at your destination. You got up, dusted off your dress, and looked down at Ciel.

"You know, It's not very nice to corner a lady." You teased.

The carriage door was opened by Sebastian with Jeremy waiting for you on the other side. You got out of the vehicle and smiled widely at the two.

"Ciel might take a moment." You said, a mocking tone in your voice as you stepped off of the carriage. Sebastian watched you walk to Jeremy, intently sniffing the air as you walked past. Your scent was a little stronger, but why? What did you have that made you smell so wonderful? It made him shiver.

Ciel appeared from inside of the carriage gingerly rubbing his cheek. Sebastian tore himself away from you and inspected his master.

"My Lord, what happened?" He asked, concerned with his condition.

Ciel didn't look at him, but instead watched you walk into the front doors of his manor, opened by Finney.

"Nothing to worry about." He replied. Ciel stepped off of the carriage and proceeded to follow closely behind you, leaving Sebastian to tend to the horses and have his thoughts bombarded about you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Awe! You all are so kind!" You commented, making the four servants blush. From what you understood, there was Mey-Rin, Bardroy, Finney, and some old guy named Tanaka who were all a part of the Phantomhive household.

"Oh, Lady (Y/n), you don't have to be so kind..." Mey-Rin trailed off, fixing her thickly framed glasses.

"Please, just call me by my first name." You insisted, "I don't like formalities unless it's absolutely necessary."

Finney grinned at you.

"Of course, (Y/n)!" He shouted, giving you a small salute. You giggled at him.

"Much better. Well, I-"

"(Y/n)?" Ciel asked as he walked into the dining room, "What are you doing in here?"