The Journey

My grandad, pulled up in his white ford truck. He had a mean grin on his face, I thaught maybe he's mad, better get the horses ready too leave there stables, I thaught to myself. "Shaun get your ugly ass over here, now!" My dad, screamed at me.

    "Alright alright, pa I'm com'in."

    I walked over too Jane, "Hey sis, I'm going too miss you."

    Jane, responded. "I know Shaun, I don't really care, okay just go!"

    "Yeah sis, Love you too..." I replyed back.

    Looking down at the ground, I pulled the truck door open, and got in the engine rumbled I could feel the truck vibrate with under the seat. We started going down the old dirt road, man it was a beautiful day, you could just smell the fresh air of the morning, and the sun beating down on the window of the truck. It felt good too be getting away from the farm, when all of a sudden my phone rang it was a text, from Jane, "Hey Shaun, I'm sorry I'm happy you stood up for me today, I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you I love you bro!"

    I let out a little laugh, and smiled that made my day. My grandad and I wern't far out from the farm, Colorado was a mile a head. After we got gas we headed out across the line of Arkansa into Colorado. Listening too country music on the radio, a little Jason Aldean or some Reba. It was good too get away from a little hard core metal for a while. We stopped at a motel sonewhere between, Ordway and Las Animas as soon as we got in the door of that cheap motel, I hurried and took all my clothing off and hopped in the shower, After I got out Grandad arrived with some food from Subway. We watched a war movie, I'm a big fan of the military, and just knowing American troops are fighting for there country, makes me feel safe. Grandad looked at me, and said, "Hey kiddo, its time too hit they hay."

    "Okay grandpa, hey do you think I'm intelligent enough to join the marines?" I asked Grandad.

    "Yeah kiddo, anything possible in this world we live in! Yiu just got too believe in your self." Said Grandad.

    Grandad's real name us Francis S. Walton, but he only goes by Grandad. We sleot through the night, when we woke up I had no clue what was about too happen.