On The Road Again

I woke up, I looked around something felt weird, but I don't know what?  Was it how my grandad's still asleep? He's usually up early. Naw can't be, he stayed up late last night! A knock on the door, it was the man who owned the motel I went too open the door. "Hi sir, how may I help you?" Being a smart ass, I gave the guy a funny look.

    "Well son, get your dad up, you two need too be out by noon!"

    "Sir, he... He won't get up, I mean I haven't tried to wake him up but, he usually is up by now. Do you think theres something wrong mister?" I asked the man, feeling worried.

    "Hmm, let me check, kid." The man said rushing too the bed!

    He checked my grandad's heart beat, he was dead, the man looked at me with sad glissering eyes like he was about too cry, and said he is gone! Now how am I exspose too get too Cali? Thats when the man said, "I knew you dad kid, I..." I cut him off!

    "He was my grandad, not my dad!" I replyed in anger.

    "Sorry, well yeah your headed too California my son can take you their! Hey, Randy come here!"

    Randy came into the room, he was a big muscular guy, with blond hair and blue eyes with a bit of a southern accent.

    "Yeah Pa, what ya need?" Randy asked, the man.

    "Take this kid too California, besides your headed there anyways."

    Randy and I walked too his beaten up car, and got in he turned up some Tupac, and we headed down the road. The loud music in my ear, I barely paid any attention too it, by the time we hit the road comeing out off Colorado, Randy and I were haveing fun playing games. He was like that brother I always wanted! Uniqe but hard on his fellow friends, he's the kind of guy too start a job and finish it. Looking in the distance, on the high way, all I could see is 18 wheelers. Rolling up and out of state, thats life on the road for ya!