7: Nothing To Lose

"He didn't mean to cause any harm.. He was just scared."

Jimin mumbles under his breath, lifting my shirt up and off of my body. He'd dragged me back inside even when I told him to just leave me in that pile of trash; He said he'd 'take care of me'

"I gotta get home."

I mutter, Jimin digging in a duffel bag for a shirt that doesn't have stains or the smell of garbage. I don't move from my spot on the sofa, instead, I stretch my shoulder and look at the red hand prints left decorated on my wrists.

"Here, wear this and I'll take you home."

He tosses me a plain yellow t-shirt, but I don't budge or hurry to put it on. My mother must have already called the university by now, finding out I hadn't been to class in months; she would have tracked me on my phone or forced Hyung to talk about everything I'm doing...

Dancing... Working at a bar... Skipping class...

Do I deserve to even step foot inside that house with sinful and greedy hands..?

"Jungkook... You're not listening to me.." Jimin mumbles, letting out a dissatisfied sigh. "I told you to put your shirt on so I can take you home."

I do as he says without a word of acknowledgment, standing up and plastering a smile across my lips. "No no, I got this. I'll just swoop by and check up on everyone. I'll be back."

Before he could even think of pulling me back, I jolt around the corner and out back towards the alley. Of course my body still aches from such a terrifying and heart-wrenching experience, but I ignore it and walk along the sidewalk.

_____

My nerves are shot

Every hair on my body standing up

I feel like I've just lost the outer layer of my skin.

_____

I didn't go home like I thought I would, instead, I found myself circling the neighborhood like a dog chasing it's tail. As it got darker my steps became heavier, my chest feeling as tight as a balloon ready to pop.

My feet dragged me up to the rooftop, the city lights my home and the star-less sky my blanket. I didn't want to throw in the towel, but instead, I wanted to find all the reasons to keep fighting for it.

 I didn't want to throw in the towel, but instead, I wanted to find all the reasons to keep fighting for it

Sleep was taking my body under as I lay my head along the concrete. It wasn't luxurious, but I was comfortable. And my brother always told me that to base my decisions off of how comfortable I am; If I'm in a state of discomfort, then something needs to change.

Its as simple as that.