Talent

Short one but wanted to update sooner for you all. Please, please comment, like, and share!!! 

I couldn't sleep that peacefully last night because of the stress that I might wake up to the police at my doorstep and get arrested to political treason.

After a quick pit stop, I got to Sanam's house earlier than I told her I'd be there. She was still asleep and the house was as peaceful as a wedding household could be. Sanam's mom sat me down in the kitchen to eat breakfast with her and some other family.

I quietly pushed around the poha in my plate while the aunties chirped about. I excused myself from the torture half an hour later and went up to Sanam's room. She was in the bathroom so I stationed myself on her bed and scrolled through my Instagram explore page.

"Good morning sunshine," she came into the room, hair washed and ready for her day. "When did you get here?"

"A little while ago. I had breakfast with you 1001 aunts," I grimaced.

"Acha I have a special job for you," she grinned all cutely at me.

"What?" I asked, already aware of what she'd ask.

"Could you make a rangoli for me? Please, please, please!!" she begged.

"Yes Sanam yes, you don't have to beg," I chuckled.

"Amazing," she threw her arms around me and then pulled away just as quickly. "I have a tray of colours in the storage room and I'll make sure no one bothers you while you're working. Thank you, thank you, thank you, I love youuu," she squealed.

Sanam saw me doing a rangoli once and since then she'd made me promise to do a big one for her wedding where she could take pictures. I already knew she was going to ask me for this so I'd planned something special.

I followed her downstairs and to the spot she wanted it in the backyard. I slyly suggested we do it on the edge of the backyard where there was less chance of ruining it. She agreed, unsurprisingly, and let me get to work, promising not to cheat and see anything before she was supposed to.

I head to the storage room and grabbed all the colours she left for me. I had more in my purse of course from where I got some this morning and setting all the colours on a large tray, I settled in to work.

Then I realized that there was no way I could work in security with all the people walking around me, so I had one of the servant boys help me set up a chair barricade around my work space.

Popping in my headphones, the world around me blocked out, literally now too with the chairs, and I was at peace. Using a piece of chalk, I started to draw on the concrete.

------

ARMAAN

I got to Rizwan's fiancé's house for lunch. The two families were doing all the ceremonies from her house so thankfully that meant less moving from city to city, house to house over the next four days.

Saf apaa and Ayaan bhai were here somewhere. I spotted Zinat Bhabhi in the backyard and quickly walked over to her before some aunty spotted me and asked me to pretend hitting balls for her.

"Bhabhi jaan," I hugged her from the side, startling her a bit.

"Armaan jaan. Good morning," she smiled.

"Good morning. What can I help you with, give me something to do please," I pleaded. Yesterday night, I came to eat dinner on the insistence of Rizwan and got roped into sitting around and doing nothing for two extra hours. Two hours I could have been sleeping.