Cricket Queen

Naina's past is slowly revealing itself, get ready ya'll!!

ARMAAN

I stretched my arms around, doing lunges to stretch out my sore muscles. Playing cricket for hours was no problem but I danced for a couple minutes and my muscles turned into jelly apparently. How did Naina do it all night?

Speaking of, I saw her standing at the entrance of the cricket field. She was on the phone. She was wearing black Adidas tights, a loose gray shirt that went to her knees and a pair of grey Nike running shoes. Woman of my dreams.

She spotted me and waved so I waved back, gesturing her over. She put her phone away and walked towards me, adjusting her ponytail that was swaying side to side as she walked.

I almost tripped over my feet.

"Hey," she smiled brightly, and I forgot how to speak momentarily.

"Hey."

"Where are the girls?" she squinted her eyes in the sun. I pointed behind me at the stands where my cousin and sister were having the time of their lives talking to Virat Kohli. From here though, Naina probably couldn't tell who he was. Which was good. No need to divert her attention to any other cricketers besides me.

"And who are they?" she gestured to the boys around me.

"They're high schoolers from some of the disadvantaged neighbourhoods around here. There's a charity that the team works with that allows them to practice here. Thought you could use some back up," I teased.

She scoffed, putting a hand to her chest dramatically. "I think you're the one who's going to need help," she put her hand out for my bat.

"Oh you're batting first?"

"You bet I am. Might as well show you who's the boss right from the start," she took the cap off my head and put it on her own head before walking away smugly.

"Yeh kaun thi Bhaiya? (Who was she, brother?)," one of the boys I'd been playing with for the past year came over and asked me.

"Teri hone wali Bhabhi (Your future sister-in-law)," I winked, shoving him in the direction of the field.

"Langoor ke haath mein angoor (She's out of your league)," he laughed loudly and ran away before I could whoop his ass. I held my hand out towards one of the other boys who had the ball and he threw it to me.

"Ready Naina?" I yelled over to her.

"Born ready," she grinned back. I called out for the boys to spread out and half of them joined her team. I had the best batsman play as her partner.

"Don't worry, I'll go easy on you," I teased her.

"Why, scared I'll beat you?" she yelled back, grinning. I rolled my eyes and stretched out my arms.

True to my word, I threw her a soft ball. She hit it back just as softly.

"Does Mr. Cricketer not know how to throw?" she taunted.

"Fine. Have it your way then smug-face," I shrugged and this time, I threw the ball with some force.

She hit a clean 4 and we were all stunned. A beautiful, professional hit.

Her face was gloating. "Beginner's luck?" she winked, teeing up for the next hit.

I threw it with even more force and she hit it just as perfectly as the first time. And then the next one too. And then the next, next one too. And then she hit one into the stands.