Undercover

PLEASE READ!! For those who have read Good For You (Ali and Nazeeha's story), this chapter picks up right where that story ends off. To recap, Ali and Nazeeha got into a fight, Nazeeha went to her university to get some alone time where she meets someone in a stairwell.

You'll finally get to see Naina in secret agent action ;)

SIX MONTHS LATER

"I'll have a look Namrata."

"Thanks Naina. Good luck," she chirped, and hung up. I set the phone down and took the TV off of mute. I was watching the news while folding laundry when I heard something about Armaan come on. I had no idea how much time passed when Namrata's phone call broke my focus from the TV.

She wanted me to look into something, but I had to fly out to London. The reporter was covering the end of the season and talking about how well Armaan did. I couldn't help but smile when they showed the recap reel of the season. He didn't play a lot but he made an impact with what he was given.

Seeing the stuff online was indication his popularity was increasingly, especially amongst the young ladies. A few rickshaws even had his photos on the back.

I had gone back to that mosque on the border one more time, about two months ago. A tiny part of me wanted to see him there again but obviously I knew that wasn't going to happen.

We had not crossed paths at all over the last six months. His family added me on Facebook, which I only had to keep up with facades and never actually used, but that was about it. He was travelling around the world playing cricket, and I was travelling around the world trying to save countries from disaster.

Busy people.

I got a new haircut, about shoulder-length now. I also began Pilates, which was doing wonders for my thighs and butt, but that could have just been my wishful thinking.

My flight to London was late into the night, 3:45am. I did as much recon as I could before falling asleep and then heading to the airport.

London was not far and I slept most of the way there, but that didn't make it any less exhausting. My hotel was nice, right by a big university, which meant good food and good people.

I took half a day to rest up before meeting up with the people Namrata told me about. The mission was to figure out what the hell was going on with an Italian mafia in the UK. Money was flowing into the United Arab Emirates, but the mafia didn't operate there; so the question was why. Namrata was asked by the Middle East intelligence forces to have someone look into it, in case the mafia was funding terrorism groups. And that someone was me.

Apparently big players of the mafia had settled base in the UK after a government crackdown in Italy. Some of the most powerful members were imprisoned here.

My meeting was useless. No one seemed to have any information on how to gain access to members of the mafia, and the only information they had was that the money being laundered into the UAE was being channeled through businesses there, probably hotels.

Back in my hotel room, I spent some time doing some research. These members in jail must have had some sort of connection to the outside if their illegal work was still successfully running.

The next day I made a visit to the two prisons that held some members. The first one was just full of lackeys, little punks that got busted at the border. They didn't know anything.

The second prison visit was more interesting. One of the guys jailed up apparently cried all day and all night. The prison guard told me he just got wrapped up in bad things and was paying the price. I made a note of his cell number. He could be useful.