Garba Night

HELLOOO. The song Naina and Armaan dance to up above. Enjoy!! 

I left for India the two days after I spoke to Armaan. I came by his house to collect my things and bid everyone farewell, but he had apparently gone off to meet a friend.

Safiyana insisted I stay back a couple days but I told her duty calls, so I'd return again some other time.

Armaan texted me just as I had arrived at the London airport.

See you soon :) 

I would arrive in India Monday night, and he would be there Friday. I told him to come with somebody. If we were going to spend time together, you best believe we were going to be as non-haram about it as possible. He said he'd figure something out and bring a family member along.

Let's just hope he doesn't bring his mom. Momma's boy.

I landed in the cool Mumbai night and a car was there to pick me up. I went from the airport straight to HQ. I had to give in my guns and other things that I had taken for the mission first before I got to go to my sweet, sweet home.

It was almost 4am when I arrived, and the colony was pitch black and silent. I left my suitcase in the entryway of my apartment and shot straight for the bedroom.

I didn't wake up until I heard my apartment door open and shut loudly. My housekeeper strolled in with delicious smelling breakfast and I instantly woke up. She did her thing while I sorted myself out, readjusting to my home after so, so many months away.

My housekeeper filled me in on the community gossip as she cleaned, and I couldn't help but laugh at the short Marathi firecracker in front of me.

As she was leaving, I informed her that I would be having two guests come over every day starting Friday so she may have to be cooking a bit more than usual. She happily agreed, teasing me that I should have a permanent guest in the house at this age.

Oh if only she knew.

------

My foot wouldn't stop tapping nervously all ever since I woke up. It was 7 in the evening, which means Armaan's car should be pulling up at any moment. Apparently Safiyana and his sister Navsheen had come with him. They landed two hours ago and were coming here for dinner after a quick stop home.

I double, triple, quadruple checked everything and finally there was a knock on the door. I quickly opened it, with a smile that changed to a less nervous one when I saw only Safiyana standing there.

"Hi, come in!" I hugged her and stepped aside. No one behind her either.

"Wow Naina, your house is so nice!" she said, looking around.

"Yeah I renovated a bit since I got it," I chuckled. I lived in a middle-class colony of flats, but I upgraded the inside of my apartment so it wasn't really like the others in the colony. "Please, sit," I gestured to the couch. "Or would you like to head straight for dinner? Everything is ready."

"Let's eat babe, I'm starved," she nodded, and I led her to the bathroom to wash her hands.

"Navsheen wasn't feeling too well from the trip here so she's knocked out at home," Safiyana told me as I turned the lights on to the bathroom. "Oh Armaan's just coming up by the way," she called out, but I'm sure she was smirking from the way her voice sounded.

Just then the front door opened.

ARMAAN

It happened in slow motion like it does in movies. As soon as I walked inside her house, she turned around. She was standing in the middle of the living room, wearing a light yellow shalwar kameez suit. The wind, or maybe my imagination, blew her hair back and she smile slowly.