Hospital

Me at the end of this roller coaster chapter^... Vote and comment, thank you!

NAINA

I didn't see Armaan for a couple days. The morning after he left my hotel room, the entire team packed up our bags and left the hotel because Mr. Polo was on his way to Sharjah.

We reached one hour after he did. The team pulled over on an empty road and geared up. I stretched out every inch of my body, jumping on the spot to get my blood flowing while reciting prayers to keep us all safe.

As much as I might complain about wanting to leave this job, I LOVED this part; the adrenaline coursing through my veins, the tight pressure of the bulletproof vest, everyone's murmurs in my ear piece.

"On my signal," Patrick said into our ears as we all spread out around what looked like an abandoned school.

How cliché.

If we could break up this operation today, I was going to talk to Namrata about Armaan. She would know what to do and how to help me out of this.

And with that determination, we bust through the back doors.

"MI6. EVERYBODY DOWN!" I heard Hasan yell. I grabbed the first guy I could get a hold of, kicking his legs to get him on the ground. In one swift motion, I handcuffed his legs and moved on to the next guy. And the next. And the next.

I evidently had a lot more pent up aggression than I realized. The last guy's arm gave a sickening crunch when I kicked it.

I saw a table with a bunch of computers and ran over. Bingo. I made a stack of the laptops and called Hasan through the earpiece over to me. Just as he reached me, two men attacked me at once. I shoved the pile of laptops to Hasan, yelling for him to get out of here. Grabbing my baton out of the holder in my pants, I began swinging to get at least one of them off my trail.

The guy on my left got one hard swing on my arm and I fell to the ground in a hard thud. He pulled out a knife which I kicked away. But the other guy got his chance and kicked me in the torso.

I fought him off as best I could from my disadvantaged position on the floor. Always be above the enemy if you can. I manage to kick him in the face before he could do any more damage but between the searing pain in my torso and the loud gun shots around, the first guy got to me again.

I rolled over as I saw his knife come down at me but he managed to cut through my forearm. I let out a very un-ladylike word when the burning sting grew over my arm. I grabbed my gun and shot the asshole in the leg. And it wasn't a stun bullet this time.

He cried out like a little baby as he fell to the ground. I shot the other guy too, a little bit out of spite and a little bit in self defense before he decided to come at me again.

The room started blurring. I clutched my arm to my chest, trying to keep from being hit again.

"You okay babe?" Namrata ran over to me, pushing someone out of the way.

"I think he broke a rib?" I wheezed, my gut rolling at the sight of blood pooling around the guy's leg I just shot. My eyes were focusing and un-focusing rampantly, adding to my dizziness. I wasn't queasy usually but sometimes these things were still gross.

"Let's get you to the hospital," she lifted me up at my waist, putting my good arm around her shoulders. I don't remember much of what happened after. I blacked out in her arms as soon as Namrata reached the car outside.

I woke up in a hospital bed. Once my eyes adjusted, I saw it was 12:58am on the digital clock beside me.

"Nam," I croaked. My throat was as dry as the desert outside my window. Namrata walked over, smiling down at me.