Fort

Vote and comment!!! Please and thanks :)

I put extra effort into my outfit today, no doubt because of the dream last night. I wore a mint green, ankle-length cotton anarkali with some light mirror work along the borders. I straightened my hair bit so it was settled nicely and then put on my favourite lipstick and jhumkas. I looked like I walked straight out of a Star Plus show. Fabulous.

Armaan's car showed up exactly at 8:30, like promised.

"Bohat sundar lage rahe ho Madam ji (You look very pretty missy)," my cleaning lady teased me.

I bit back a smile, not trying to add fuel to the fire. "Main jaa rahi hoon, raat ko aaongi (I'm going now, bye)," I ran out the door.

"Naina," Safiyana sang as the driver opened the door to the dark blue Mercedes SUV for me. The two girls were sitting in the back, and Armaan was sitting alone in the middle. I slid in, saying hello.

"Hey," Armaan smiled at me,

"Hi," I said back, softly.

One of the girls coughed from the back seat. I looked away quickly, straightening my dress.

"Where to first?" Safiyana leaned her chin forward on the middle seat.

"Muraj Janjira Fort. It's like something straight out of the middle ages."

"Alright Naina has spoken. Bhaiya, le chalo aage (Let's go sir)," she told the driver. The car hummed to life and music came from the speakers.

"Look at her, already asleep," Safiyana said, resting Navsheen's head properly on the seat.

"Is she okay? Poor thing's been exhausted this whole trip," I looked at her sympathetically. Jet lag was never fun.

"She'll be fine in about 9 months," Safiyana laughed, rubbing her back soothingly. My heart tightened at the love between the cousins.

The words she said registered with me then. "Wow, congrats!" I turned to Armaan. "Chote mamu," I grinned.

"Mami ban jao (Become the aunt)," he whispered to me but I'm pretty sure his cousin heard.

"Acha how long is this journey?" Safiyana interjected our shy stares.

"About two hours," I told her.

"Great. I got exactly 5 hours of sleep last night. I will finish off the rest right now," she said, putting on a pair of rose gold Beats headphones and settling into the plush leather seat.

"How did you sleep, my cricket queen?" Armaan turned to me. I looked back over my shoulder at Safiyana, but she didn't give any reaction to his words meaning it was safe to talk without embarrassment.

"Bas aap ki meherbaani hai ji (All well, thanks to you). How did you sleep?"

"So-so. Aaj kal neend mein bhi sochta rehta hoon (Even in my sleep I stay thinking)," he said, taking his jacket off to reveal a striped t-shirt underneath.

"Acha. Sochte bhi ho? (Really? You think too?)," I said with a straight face.

"Sirf tumhare baare mein (Only about you)," he countered back.

"Yaar aise one-liners mat maara karo. Khuda ko khafaa nahi karna hai (Dude, don't come at me with these one-liners. Don't need to make the big guy upstairs mad at us)," I hit his arm lightly with my purse.

"Okay, okay sorry," he laughed. "Let's talk about something else then," he offered.

"Did you ever go to college?" the thought appeared in my head only seconds before.