-+troubled times pt.2+-

(A/N: you can tell that I'm really into this book because I've updated it four times in two days.)

Previously:

Fine" Frank decides. "We'll tell you our stories. Starting with me."

Now:

The rest of Frank's group agrees, and they sit down on the ground in a semi-circle Frank and Pete on the outside and Tyler and Brendon in the middle. Gerard's group follows in suit, Gerard and Josh sitting on the outside and Patrick and Ryan on the inside.

"I was orphaned when I was five, thirteen years ago. My parents were murdered by gang members, they owed money or drugs or whatever. They got themselves killed by the gang and I've been in and out of the foster system for a few years. I mostly live at the orphanage on 63rd street. I've been beaten, I've been starved, I've been deprived of basic necessities. It comes and goes, and I probably have it second best." Frank states, keeping most of the emotion out of his voice. Tyler leans into him when he finishes and Brendon begins.

"I've been neglected as long as I can remember. I have it the best out of the four of us though. I know where my next meal is coming from, I don't get beat daily and I have parents, however distant they are. They leave me to provide for myself and my house is a cesspool of drugs, tobacco and alcohol. My dad also gambles with Tyler's. They play poker together and that's how I met him. Ty can explain later. I act as safe haven for Tyler, Pete and even Frank, my parents don't care as long as we don't disturb them and even then, it's only verbal abuse. Over the years, the screaming and insults and threats start to loose their edge." Pete prepares to go next.

"Technically, I should be in the orphanage with Frank. But fuck them, you know? I live on the streets and I'm technically homeless. My hobbies include stealing medicines for mostly Tyler, climbing in through windows, avoiding gangs, sleeping in this abandoned apartment provided by these nice siblings and hijacking and hot wiring cars. I don't remember my parents, I was raised by a nice homeless man named Jonathan until he died eight years ago. I was probably eight when he died. I lived completely on the streets for about two years. Now I switch between crashing at Brendon's house and a now abandoned apartment. Two siblings used to live there, but they moved to Vermont two days ago. The building was condemned for an entire floor being contaminated with a cancerous mold. It's on the 10th floor right now though and I sleep on the second. I'm be fine. I've got it third best/second worst in our group." Tyler takes this as his cue to begin.

"I'm abused" The brunette takes a deep breath. "I'm my dad's personal punching bag and occasionally my mom's slave. On a good day, I get beaten once or twice and have to clean up the spilled blood. On a bad day, I'm beaten until I'm a limp form on the floor of my room and I'm fading in and out of consciousness. The good days don't come all too often anymore. On most weekends, I'm simply ignored, they don't seek me out and I stay out of their way. Pete and I must have made too much noise moving around upstairs today. I'm a bit of a baby. I cry most times after I get beat, I rely on Pete a lot for medicine and, as you saw earlier, I don't handle a beating very well. You'd think that I'd be a little less.... obvious about a beating, but even years of abuse have failed to toughen me up."

"Ty, you know that's not true" Frank interjects. "Being abused doesn't turn you into a tough kid, and crying after being beat doesn't make you a baby. It's normal, and by god, I wish you don't have to go through that."

"Only a few more months" Brendon chimes in before Tyler continues speaking.

"Right. Anyways, I don't get fed as much as should either, like Pete, my next meal is unpredictable. The only thing that makes it worse is that there's a fridge full of food downstairs, but if I do much as touch it without permission I get slapped. I have it the worst, but I try not to let that keep my from having happiness in my life you know?"

Ryan is in tears by now, and can't stop himself from going over and hugging Tyler tightly.

"Our lives kinda suck ass" Frank concludes. "But we're a family and we wouldn't give each other up for anything. No one really gives a shit about us, so we give a shit about each other. We live in the slums and cops couldn't give less of a fuck about us if they tried."

"But we don't really let that get the best of us" Brendon adds. "We come here all the time to get away from everything and we're each other's everything. We cheer each other up, we care for each other and we protect each other, especially Tyler. He's like the little kid of our family, and Frank is like the dad. I guess Pete is the older protective sibling 'cause he'll take punches from anyone to protect us and I'm ...."

"You're the comedic relief" Tyler jokes. "No really though, you're the emotional pillar, ready to take on any mental or emotional problem."

"Wow guys..." Patrick is speechless, as are his friends. "I feel like apologizing but you guys probably don't need or want it."

"Thanks man" Pete grins lightly, standing up.

"I guess that explains why you scaled a three-story building and climbed through the windows at the gala earlier today." Gerard smiles slightly.

"You climbed a rich person'a house, broke in and stole food?" Brendon asked with a laugh.

"I heard about it walking around" Pete shrugs "and I assumed that there would be a lot of people and a lot of people around noon means a lot of food. I was right." Nearly everyone stars laughing at this comment.

The group of eight sat in the parking lot goofing around and getting to know each other's personalities for the next few hours. In fact, it was nearly sunset by the time everyone realized that they needed to be getting home, even if some were reluctant.

Ryan and Patrick left first, promising to see them on Monday. Josh gave Brendon his and Ryan's phone numbers, in case any of their group needed Josh or Ryan's help. They were the easiest to get ahold of and Brendon was the only one with a phone.

"Stop by and crash any gala that I'm at any time, Pete" Gerard calls before he and Josh leave. Everyone else piles into Brendon's Jeep and they head off, dropping Frank off at the end of the street the orphanage is on. Then Tyler gets off by his house so he can climb in through his window. Finally, Brendon pulls into his driveway, and he and Pete climb in through Brendon's window.

Just for the heck of it.

(A/N: Welcome To The Black Parade just started playing and its oddly fitting. I updated a total of six times this weekend y'all should be proud of me. Bye now.)