Chapter 10.

Kuro gazed absentmindedly at the text from a person named 'Itachi Uchiha,' a name she was unfamiliar with, though she felt her cheeks redden even so which startled her. "I don't even know this boy yet.. Why do I feel like I do.." Kuro whispered with doubt to no one in particular, "Why do I feel like I love him," She whispered in clenched teeth- she had no idea why she felt like this and she hated it, she really hated having feelings for someone she didn't even know, it didn't seem fair to her. She laid back, her mind entranced.

"Who is he to me?" Kuro spoke aloud, not noticing Aki at the door. Aki was gazing solemnly at the girl- Aki couldn't comprehend her thoughts at the moment, her step-daughter had forgotten about her and Aito had gone mad over it, he was distant, and Aki knew he was suffering from a minor case of depression. Aki didn't blame him though the strain that was now placed on her shoulders was unbelievable, she had to do so much for them now; she didn't have a choice. At the moment, she was the only one mentally strong enough now.

Kuro gazed at Aki with soft blue eyes, eyes that even Aki adored, though now they were a distant cold blue- she didn't like it. Ever since the wretched Uchiha boys started all this drama, the joy seeped from Kuro's eyes. Aki hated herself for letting them tear her darling step-daughter down but there was nothing that she could do now. "Yes Aki?" Kuro finally spoke. "Itachi Uchiha is the boy that ruined your life," Aki lied through her teeth- it was to protect Kuro she told herself though she knew it was but a lie. Kuro seemed quite startled.

"What do you mean Aki?" Kuro said her name, like Aki wasn't family but a friend though it killed her inside- she had always been Kuro's step-mother, though Kuro would call her mother even so and being known as a friend to her dear step-daughter killed her. "Itachi and you dated; you two were in love and then he betrayed you and got with your cousin- she wasn't always your cousin, when I married your father, she became your cousin. I regret it dearly," Aki ran her fingers through her silky locks in disdain; it killed her inside to lie.

"He was my lover?" Kuro threw herself onto her bed, her eyes wide. "So that's why I feel this way..? The message.." Kuro shot up, "Maybe he does love me still!" Kuro grinned before it faltered, "Or who I use to be," Aki grimaced and walked over, reading the text. She swiftly deleted the message and sighed, creating another lie. "He used you Kuro, he used you to get to Sakura and she used him to get to you- Sakura loves you," Aki felt herself repulsed at the love Sakura felt- it was unusual. They were related now after all.

~+~

Itachi sighed as he didn't get a reply back; he thought that's what he'd get. Her family had become more cautious with who they let their daughter get close to. Sasuke walked into Itachi's bedroom- Sasuke had news that he wanted to tell his older brother, news about him and his love. Sasuke stopped in his spot as he noticed Itachi's look of utter pain, "What's wrong Itachi?" Sasuke plopped down next to Itachi on his bed, "Shouldn't you be at work right now?" Sasuke was curious; he knew it involved Kuro; she was the only one to upset Itachi.

"I confessed but, I haven't gotten a reply," Itachi whispered, struggling to contain his tears. "I honestly don't give a shit about work at the moment, I know I need the cash but Kuro lost her memory for Christ sake! Who knows what that wretched step-mother is filling her mind with," Itachi spat, though he honestly didn't mean to but the anger he felt burning inside of him was incredibly intense. "I-I see," Sasuke stuttered, startled at the anger that Itachi expressed. "She might just be confused Itachi, you don't need to over exaggerate things," Sasuke muttered, feeling worried.

"I know that but for Christ sake, you remember what happened at the hospital! Aki and Aito snapped, hell we pretty much aren't allowed near Kuro. You know what's worse Sasuke? She has school tomorrow and if I'm not careful, she could fall in love with someone else!" Itachi felt his heart clench at the thought of that, he loved the girl dearly. Sasuke nodded his head in understanding, "I'm she can handle it herself so don't get so worked up," Sasuke placed a comforting hand on his older brothers should, though Itachi shrugged it off, his anger blooming.

"I don't believe that for a second Sasuke, I love Kuro, more than you'll ever bloody know!" Itachi practically screamed it- his voice echoing through-out the household, startling his parents. "I know what it feels like- it killed me to not be with Tenten and I got her back when Kuro went home. I would have killed myself if I couldn't caress Tenten's soft skin," Sasuke spat at his brother. Itachi grimaced and reach over, slapping his brother across the face, "I honestly don't care Sasuke, it's about Kuro not your stupid love life," Itachi growled, his dark side showing.

Sasuke stumbled back, Itachi had startled him. Sasuke had never seen this side of Itachi and it shocked him, shocked him to his very core. Sasuke looked down at his feet, his eyes wide in absolute horror. He wished he had never spoken to Itachi, he wished he had stayed in his room without saying a word. Sasuke slowly turned around and made his way out, "I'm sorry Sasuke," Itachi called out and in return Sasuke turned around with teary eyes, "I hate how you are Itachi, why can't you go back to how you were? The Ghost of You linger in my mind," And with that, Sasuke left.

~+~

Kuro walked into school next day, her face buried into her timetable, she had no idea what class she had at the moment nor where it was. No one had explained it to her when she had asked, she just got shrugged off. After ten minutes or so, she ran into an attractive male. He had short black hair and chocolate eyes, eyes that she found very alluring. "I'm sorry sir, I got lost," Kuro bowed though the male chuckled, "It's alright Kuro-san, I know you lost your memory," He grinned.

"So let's start with re-introducing ourselves, my name is Obito Uchiha, it's nice to meet you," Kuro blushed darkly and nodded her head, her pink locks bouncing. "I-" He cut her off with a kiss, a passionate, wet kiss that made her fragile heart pound. "I know, I've known you for a very long time Kuro, I've been in love with you for so very long," Kuro gazed into the man's eyes, her vision becoming slightly dreary, though she noticed a smirk fall upon his lips as she fell into wide-open arms which then enveloped her into a tight embrace.

"It's alright Kuro-Chan~ Tobi is here to protect you," Obito's other self finally revealing himself to the girl he cared for deeply and only longed to protect. Obito lifted the girl bridal style and carried her out through the abandoned corridor- his hang out, and out through a dead soccer field and through a small forest that decorated the back of the school; to his small cottage that sat in the forest, away from civilisation. Obito laid the girl into his bed and tied her to the bed posts, a cold look in his eyes and a sadistic grin on his face.

Her eyes opened, fluttering very slowly as she gazed at the male with a frightened expression on her face. Obito chuckled darkly, before gazing at the he fancied. He ran a slender finger a long her cheek and along her jawline before softly kissing her lips again. Warm tears fell from her eyes as she begged for him to let her go, but he refused it. "I love you Kuro-Chan, but you always ignored me, never gave me the attention I yearned for," Obito whispered as he ran a hand over a breast with a sick twisted grin.

Itachi stared out the window, his gaze falling upon Obito, his worst enemy, carrying the girl he loves with his whole heart. He stood up and got cussed at by his teacher though he ignored him; Itachi's gaze was only at the two, his eyes wide. His fellow classmates followed his eyes and looked at him with sympathy. Itachi wished he hadn't noticed; it killed him inside. But he had no idea of the truth- she was in danger, her innocence at risk. But he was too selfish to notice- too caught up in his selfish obsessive love for the girl..

And now she was paying for his selfishness...