Chapter 7

A few days later (April)

Amanda

I was about to go on my lunch break. I was about to get out of the door, but Cynthia stopped me from leaving. "Amanda."

I turned around. "Yes, Cynthia. What is it? I'm about to go on my lunch break. Is there something else I need to do before I leave?" I usually go to a sandwich shop that is just a few doors away from the boutique. That's where I usually get my lunch. After I'm done with my lunch I usually stop by Render Coffee. It's a small cafe that is also on the same street where I work. I usually buy a cappuccino and a scone there.

"Could you tell your boyfriend that he can't sit on the bench across from the store? Some of the customers are starting to complain. He's been doing this for almost an entire week." Cynthia said.

"He's not my boyfriend. He just-" Cynthia interrupted me.

"Look, I don't care if he is your boyfriend, friend with benefits, sex buddy, or whatever term you have given to him, just tell him to leave. Otherwise I will file a restraining order against him. He leaves me no choice." Cynthia demanded.

"Okay." I quietly said. "Can I go on my lunch break now?"

(AN: Listen to this song from this point on until the end of the chapter.)

"Yes." Cynthia said as she walked away from me. I opened the door and I walked out of the store.

 Jordan was sitting on a bench that was across from the store

Jordan was sitting on a bench that was across from the store. He got up as soon as he saw me.

 He got up as soon as he saw me

"Hello, Amanda." He greeted me with his usual smile.

"Hi, Jordan." I replied.

"I think that's the first time you have ever said my name out loud." He noted.

How can I be so harsh when he greets me like that? "I think you're right." I said. "Well, I'm on my lunch break, so I have to get going. I don't have too much time."