Chapter 47

Amanda

I woke up. I went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth. I walked downstairs and my parents were sitting in the dining room. They were drinking coffee.

"Morning, sleepy head. Did you sleep well?" Dad asked me.

"I did." I replied. I poured a cup of coffee. I sat down next to my dad. My mom was sitting across from me.

"It looks like Julie has set up quite a schedule for you." My mom said.

"What schedule?" I asked as I ate my waffle.

"She got up early today and she told me that you and her will go shopping at the Santa Monica Mall." Sandra explained. "Also, she's taking you out to lunch. Finally, she has a surprise for you."

"A surprise, huh?" I thought out loud. "So, what's this so-called surprise?" I turned to face dad. "Maybe you might know something about it?"

He smiled and drank his coffee. "Not a clue, Pandy."

"Uh-uh. You usually know everything." I said.

"This time I really don't know." Dad said.

The front door opened. Julie entered the house. "You're still eating? Eat faster. Come on, we're wasting time. We have a lot to get done today."

"Okay, I'll eat faster." I put my hands up in surrender so Julie would stop her rant. I finished drinking my coffee. I ate the last pieces of my waffle. "I'm done." I said.

"Go get dressed." Julie demanded.

"You're more demanding than my own mother." I said to Julie. I turned toward my mom. "No offense, mom." I said to her.

Sandra chuckled. "None taken." She replied.

10 minutes later

I got dressed. It was a bit cold today so I wore a long sleeve shirt.

(AN: Amanda's outfit)

"I'm ready." I said as I approached the living room.

"Have fun." Sandra said to Amanda and Julie.

"Thanks." Julie said.

I put on my shoes and I grabbed a jacket from the coat rack. "Bye, mom and dad." I said.

"Bye, honey. Have a good day." Dad said.

Julie was standing behind me. "Let's go." She said.

I opened the door and I got a big surprise.