Chapter 11

May

Amanda

I was currently on my lunch break

I was currently on my lunch break. Jordan and I would meet after I finish work. Today he was visiting his family in Dorchester. I was sitting on the "infamous Jordan bench." I finished my sandwich and I threw the paper in which the sandwich was wrapped in into the trash can. My cell phone rang. I saw on the screen who was calling me. I smiled. It was Jordan. Because Hannah can be such a snoop I wrote a different name for him on my phone. I wrote him down as Jay. Since Hannah never suspected anything for almost an entire month, I guess my plan worked. "Hi." I smiled when I answered.

"Hi, Amanda. How's your working day going? Is Cynthia giving you a hard time?" Jordan joked.

"It's going fine. There's less than 3 hours to go and I'll be done. No, she's great. I suppose it may have to do with the fact that you no longer sit on the bench." I joked with Jordan.

"What?" He feigned shock. "Cynthia doesn't miss me at all? I'm appalled."

I started laughing at his sense of humor. "So, how was your afternoon?"

"It was great. It's nice to visit my family. It's also nice to be in the neighborhood that I grew up in. I got to eat the New England clam chowder and baked beans. You cannot consider yourself a true Bostonian if you have never eaten these two types of food. You have to try them. They're so good." Jordan emphasized.

"The way you talk about them, I don't think I'll have much of a choice." I said.

"Next time that I visit my hometown, I'll take you to the restaurant that serves them." Jordan said.

"Really? What makes you so sure that there will be a next time?" I decided to tease him.

"I always get my way." Jordan confidently said. "I was wondering what would you say if for our unofficial date tonight that I invited you to my place? You already invited me to your place for the previous unofficial date."

"Sure. Should I follow you with my car after we leave?" I wasn't sure if I should leave my car or not.

"Leave your car by the store. I live ten minutes away from your work." Jordan said. "I'll drive you back."

"Okay. So, what will I be expecting tonight?" I was curious.

"I'm not giving anything away. You'll just have to wait and see." Jordan stuck to his guns.

"You're tough. I'm looking forward to it, whatever the date will consist of." I said.

"You'll really like it." Jordan said.

"I'm sure I will." I replied. "I have to go. My break's almost over."

"Looking forward to seeing you tonight." Jordan said.

"Same here." I replied. "Bye." I hung up.

#