Chapter 5

A week later

Jordan

Today, the guys and I are at New York City. Our manager was also with us. We were going to meet our sponsor for our upcoming tour this summer. Some details needed to be finalized. The title of the tour is called the Magic Summer Tour. It won't start for another two months, but our manager wanted to make sure everything was in order. He wanted to know what kind of "magic" will be done on the tour. Apparently, there was a magic trick in which one of us would be surrounded by gigantic playing cards and one of us would "disappear." I think it's too much, but this is our biggest tour, so we can't really complain. Our previous tours had smaller audiences. This tour is going to be in arenas. According to our manager, this is the "big bucks." While final details were being finalized, we were also being interviewed by John Hayes. He interviews singers and musicians, and he is usually a very mellow person. He conducts his interviews in such a way that he makes you feel as if you are talking to a friend rather than to a complete stranger. The other guys were already interviewed and I was the last one to be interviewed. We were walking outside. We were walking to the back of the building while our manager was still talking to our sponsor. It was nice to be outside after being stuck inside the building for so many hours. 

After the interview was done, I had many thoughts racing through my mind about all the questions I was asked by John Hayes. Now that I think about it, the group is busy almost all the time. We are always going somewhere. We're either at a new city or we are starting a new tour. Our schedule is very organized. I like what I do for a living, but sometimes it seems that I barely get any time off. I'm not complaining, but sometimes the group and I do get burned out from our tours. I'm happy that the group is successful. This is what we have worked for since we joined the group. I do know who I am as a person, but I think people sometimes put me on a pedestal. People think that I'm a perfect person. I'm a normal guy. I'm very humble. I don't lose sense of who I am as a person. Just because I'm famous doesn't mean that I'm some sort of a God. I love to sing and break-dance. I do have fun. I don't see myself pursuing another career.

Also, it's hard to have a steady relationship when you're famous. I've had many relationships that didn't end well. Some of the girls I dated only ended up dating me because I'm a member of the New Kids. They want the Jordan Knight of the New Kids. Some girls just throw themselves at me. They don't want the just plain and normal "Jordan Knight" from Dorchester. Others thought since I'm famous, I should be a person who likes to party a lot. I'm not saying that I haven't been to parties. I have gone to some parties, but I don't go to parties every night like some rock stars. I like to have some nights where I can just take it easy. Unfortunately my laid back preference has bored some girls that I have dated. I'm no saint. I've slept with girls just for sex. A guy has needs. It's hard to have a serious relationship. I've been on dates with some girls and one girl did really ask me where the rest of the guys were. She wanted a date with all of us. I thought she wanted to date only me. I don't come with a package deal of me plus four other guys. I just want to find a girl that likes me for who I really am. I want that girl to like me for being just plain old Jordan Knight and not the famous Jordan Knight. Another factor that gets in the way of me finding a steady girlfriend is Donnie. We're best friends since elementary school, but for some reason he feels as if he has to compete with me when it comes to girls. There have been incidents when I have noticed a girl and as soon as Donnie noticed that I'm with a girl, he decides to steal her from me. That's why I was very cautious when I noticed the girl in the audience at the AMAs. I may have flirted with her while I was on the stage, and I was almost close to being caught by Donnie. I had to deny that I wasn't looking at anyone.