Chapter 27

(AN: Mature content in this chapter.)

One week later

Amanda

After I got done with my class, I decided to go grocery shopping. I entered the loft. I was carrying the groceries. It was only three bags. I bought enough so that it will last us almost the entire week. I put the groceries away and I saw a post-it note on the kitchen counter. It was from Hannah. The note stated: your boss called and your mom called as well.

I decided to call Cynthia first. "Hi Cynthia." I said.

"Hi, Amanda. Thank you for calling me back." Cynthia replied.

"No problem. My roommate left me a note that you called earlier. I was at my class and I just got back." I explained.

"I decided to give all of the employees a day off today." Cynthia said. "I need the day off as well because I will be spending the day with Jenny. Today, she wants to introduce her boyfriend to me. Sooner or later, I knew this day would come. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that you don't have to come in today. Enjoy your day off and I'll see you tomorrow."

"That's fine, Cynthia. Good luck with your meeting." I said.

"Thanks, I'll need it. Bye, Amanda." Cynthia said.

"Bye, have a nice day." I hung up.

#

10 minutes later

I just finished my lunch. My phone rang. "Hello?"

"Hello, Sexy Mandy." Jordan said.

"Hello, Dimples." I replied.

"Are you busy today?" Jordan asked.

"Not really. I'm not working today. I have the day off. I'm probably just going to take it easy." I said.

"What would you say about taking it easy with me?" Jordan suggested.

"Sure." I replied.

"I'll come over in an hour." Jordan said.

"Okay. I'll be here." I said. He hung up.

I guess I'll call my mom now. I went to sit at my study room. I sat on my chair that was in front of my desk. I dialed her number.

"Hello." Sandra said.

"Hi, mom." I said.

"It's so great to hear from you, honey. It's been a while since we got to talk to each other." Sandra remarked.

"It has. I'm sorry that I haven't called in so long. I've just been so busy with work and school." I said.

"I understand honey. So how have you been?" Sandra asked.

"I'm fine. Hannah and I are really enjoying living in Boston. It's so nice here." I said.

"That's great to hear. So how is school?" Sandra asked.

"Mom, it's so wonderful. One of my co-workers is also in my class. It's like I get to be at school with my friends. Mom, you won't believe what happened on the first day of school. Each of us got to talk about what got us interested in fashion. When I mentioned in class that Elizabeth got me interested in fashion, the class was very shocked. I never knew that so many people knew who she is. I had no idea that she was such an important person when it comes to fashion. I never realized how lucky I was to have met her."

"Yeah, sweetie. She really is a great person. She really helped me a lot back in the day. If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't have been able to find work. I couldn't leave you alone at home." Sandra thought about the past. Elizabeth Walsh was her savior.