Chapter 58

(AN: Amanda's outfit)

Amanda and Jordan are sitting across from each other in the dining room while her mom and dad are in the kitchen preparing breakfast

"Don't be nervous. The talk will go smoothly. You got through the worst part yesterday. You confronted your mom and now it's only fair that she gives you answers." Jordan said.

"I know, but I still can't believe what she did ten years ago." Amanda mentioned and looked down. Suddenly, she felt Jordan's foot touching her leg. She looked up.

Jordan smiled at her. "Last night was very fun, Mandy." He teased. Amanda blushed. "You can't blush after what we did. We had a talk before that you can't go back to being innocent and easily embarrassed. That side is done and gone."

Before Amanda could reply, her mom walked into the dining room carrying plates filled with French toast, hash browns, and scrambled eggs

Before Amanda could reply, her mom walked into the dining room carrying plates filled with French toast, hash browns, and scrambled eggs. "Jordan, I should have asked you earlier how you like your eggs. I usually make them scrambled." Sandra said.

"That's fine. I usually like them scrambled." Jordan replied.

Steven brought a bottle of orange juice. "Honey, did you want orange juice or coffee?" He asked Amanda. "What about you, Jordan?"

"Just coffee." Jordan said.

"Coffee, but I wouldn't mind a glass of orange juice." Amanda answered.

"You got it. I'll be right back." Steven said and walked back into the kitchen.

Five minutes later

The silent tension throughout breakfast was becoming too much. Amanda decided to break the ice.

"Mom, we have to talk about what happened yesterday." Amanda said.

Sandra put down her fork and looked up. "Why did you talk with him? He's a terrible person." Sandra said. "Why couldn't you tell me right away when you ran into him?"

"He didn't seem like a terrible person. He seemed very sad. I don't know how it would have been possible to tell you when I saw him at the diner. Of course, you weren't going to approve." Amanda insisted.