Chapter 2

Saturday (Early April)

Amanda

I was cooking lasagna today. This would be our dinner tonight. It late afternoon right now, but I wanted to get dinner ready earlier. Hannah and I were not going anywhere today. Yes, it's Saturday and we're going to eat our dinner and have a movie marathon.

The apartment door opened.  I turned around. Hannah entered and she was holding letters in her hand. "I come bearing gifts." She announced. "These are for you." She hands me a pile of letters.

"Thanks." I say while I flip the letters to see the addresses.

"How is it that you get letters from friends and I keep getting just bills?" Hannah asked me while she threw her pile of letters on the kitchen counter. "Am I so horrible?" She jokingly pouts.

I smirked at her. "Of course not. You're a perfect little angel. I get bills too."

She smirked back. "I know, right. So who are the letters from?"

"One is from my mom. The second one is from Stephanie and the the third one is from Izzy." I said while I started opening the first letter.

"Your friends from Guns N' Roses?" Hannah asked me. "Isn't it kind of still painful to keep in touch with them because of you know who?"

"No, they're still my friends. They have nothing to do with how my relationship turned out." I replied.

I opened my mom's letter. I started reading it.

"Amanda,

How are you, honey? You mentioned last time when we talked on the phone that you were looking for a job. I hope you got it. You're ambitious, so I'm sure that you got the job at the boutique store. I hope you and Hannah are doing well. Sweetie, I hope you're doing better emotionally. I know that you were very down after what happened before we left for the airport. Honey, don't let the past dictate your future. Enjoy the time off you still have left before you start school. Your dad and I miss you. It's quiet in the house without you. Your dad keeps me entertained with his keyboard bass. I still can't forget the moment when you and he played together on the keyboard bass. That was the first time you called him "daddy." I witnessed that moment. The two of you might not know, but I saw you two playing the keyboard bass in the basement. You seemed so happy when he was teaching you how to play. I don't mean to ramble, but when he plays the keyboard bass, I always think of that particular moment. Sweetie, I hope you're happy. I'm looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Mom"

I sniffled. I haven't thought about that moment in such a long time. "What is it, Amanda?" Hannah looked at me concerned.

"It's my mom's letter. It brought back some memories. She brought up a very special moment from my childhood. I'm fine." I assured Hannah.

I opened the second letter. It was from Stephanie.

"Amanda,

How are you doing? I don't blame you for leaving earlier than you originally planned. I can't believe Duff did that to you. What an asshole. I don't want to brag, but I got my movie debut! I am the main character in November Rain. Axl has come up with a very interesting plot for the video. I hope you will watch it. It will mean a lot to me. It will be broadcast on MTV in a few weeks. I'll let you know for sure when the exact date will be. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Duff got married a few days ago. I can't stand the girl he married. She's a Playboy Playmate. She's a total airhead and she's so shallow. He was definitely thinking with his other head. The atmosphere of the band has definitely changed since you left. Even Sally misses you. It was nice when it was the four of us. Now it's just me and Ms. Shallow. Gilby brings his girlfriend sometimes to the Troubadour when we go out, but it's just not the same anymore. Maybe I might visit you one day in Boston. I miss my best friend. I hope you find a sexy guy in Boston.