Chapter 48

Amanda

Amanda

After all of the Christmas presents were opened and everyone ate breakfast, my grandparents arrived at the house.

"Grandpa." I smiled as I got up from the couch. We hugged. My grandmother and I also hugged.

"How's the vacation so far?" My grandma asked me.

"It's great. I got to see one of my high school friends. I went shopping with Julie and Patrick. We spent almost the entire day at the mall and I didn't even feel tired." I replied.

"That's wonderful." Grandpa noted. "You already had so much fun given the fact that it's only been two days since you arrived."

"I know, and I have so much energy. I think that I can explore the entire L.A. and not feel tired." I joked.

"I was the same way when I was your age." Grandpa said. "I always liked going out and exploring a city."

"I would love to catch up, but I have some grocery shopping to do. Since I moved to Boston, I have been missing some of my favorite food from L.A." I said.

"Okay, sweetheart. Have fun on your shopping trip." Grandma said.

I headed upstairs to my bedroom and I dressed in a casual outfit. It's Christmas today, and the weather is warm.

(AN: Amanda's outfit)

I opened the door of my car

I opened the door of my car. I turned on the ignition. I put the engine in reverse and looked both ways to make sure there were no cars from either direction. I drove away from my house.

#

30 minutes later

I parked my car in front of the supermarket Ralph's. I locked the car. I entered the supermarket and I took a shopping cart. I took my shopping list out of my purse and looked it over. I started browsing from the first aisle of the store. I'm also buying some items that my mom needs for our Christmas dinner. I also got chips and other snacks because Hannah and some of our high school friends will visit me in a few days. I was about to turn my shopping cart to the left so I can go to the next aisle, but it hit another shopping cart.