Chapter 57

The next day

Amanda wanted to ask her mother about the box with the presents, but she decided the next day would be a better time. She is sitting on her bed. She hears a knock on the door. She looks up.

 She looks up

"Hey. You okay?" Jordan asked. "You seemed to be in your own world." He stepped in the room. He sat down on the edge of the bed.

"I don't know what to think anymore." Amanda admitted. "How could my mother keep this from me?"

"She had her reasons." Jordan mentioned.

"Probably, but it's still not right." Amanda said.

Jordan grabbed Amanda's hands and rubbed them with his thumbs. She smiled. "How do you always know when to do the right thing?"

"Lucky guess." Jordan said.

"It's not a lucky guess. You just know what do at the right moment." Amanda corrected him.

"So, are you going to ask your mom about the gift?" Jordan asked.

"Yeah. I think it's time that I deserve to hear the truth." Amanda said. "It's time to rip off the band-aid."

"Okay. I'll go downstairs. I think your parents might be wondering why we're still upstairs." Jordan said. "You've got this." He scooted closer and wrapped his arms around Amanda. She wrapped her arms around his neck. "Just ask her. I'm sure she will answer your questions."

#

Amanda grabbed the box from the closet and she silently prayed that the conversation will go well. Before she reached the last steps, she saw her parents sitting on the couch and they're talking to Jordan. She quietly took a few steps back, so they won't be able to see her.

"So Jordan, do you see yourself visiting California in the future since you mentioned how much you're enjoying our version of a winter?" Sandra asked.

"It's very tempting. This isn't the first time I've been to California. Two years ago, my band and I were in L.A. from our concert tour. My brother liked the weather a lot. On the other hand, there's just something so nice about having snow and rushing inside your home to get warm." Jordan replied.