Chapter 56

Amanda

Today is the day Amanda would talk face-to-face with her biological father. After she and Jordan woke up this morning on the couch, she was surprised her parents didn't cause a scene considering how her mom emphasized the rule about them sleeping in separate rooms. After breakfast, Amanda grabbed her cell-phone and went to the basement to make a call. She told her mom that she dropped her earring in the basement from yesterday and went to look for it. Jordan knew about Amanda's plan for today. When they brushed their teeth in the bathroom, she told him that it was time for her to confront her past. She told him that if her parents were to ask them where they will be going, the cover story is they will be going on a walk.

(AN: Amanda's outfit)

After Amanda finished her call, she came back to the living room where her parents and Jordan were sitting on the couch

"I'm ready." Amanda mentioned. Jordan got up and grabbed his jacket.

"So, where are you going today?" Steven asked.

"We'll drive first and and take a walk on the Hollywood Boulevard." Amanda said.

"Okay, honey." Sandra said. "What time do you think you'll be back?"

"Late afternoon." Jordan mentioned. "We might stop somewhere to eat lunch."

"All right. No rush. Your dad and I are going to brunch with some of our friends. We might also do some shopping." Sandra said.

"Okay. Have fun." Amanda replied.

"You too." Her parents said.

#

(AN: Griffith Park)

Amanda and Jordan are sitting in her car

Amanda and Jordan are sitting in her car. The place for their talk is at Griffith Park. Amanda parked the car at the parking lot for the park. She looked straight ahead where her father just sat down. He folded his hands and looked around the park and at the people who were walking in the park. He took off the sunglasses he was wearing and put them on the table. Robert drank coffee from the paper cup he brought. He checked his watch to make sure he wasn't late.