The date

ELENA’S POV

I just finished my homework when someone knocked on the door and as expected it was Josh. 

” Hey superwoman are you ready?” He said and laughed, I didn’t understand what he meant first but then I understood when I remembered that I had my superman shirt on. 

” Always you never know when you’re people needs you” I said and smiled. 

” Here I have something for you” He said and gave me a box. I opened it and inside was a scarf and a cap with the football team Chelsea’s logo. I guess that’s his favorite team and that they are playing tonight. 

” Thank you” I said as I put on the cap and then gave him a hug.

” You’re welcome I thought it would be fun to wear at the game” He said. We then walked out of the campus and jumped on the bus to the football stadium. 

” So Nick that I met yesterday was your ex boyfriend?” He asked. 

” Yepp” I said. 

” Wow when you said you had dated a singer from a boyband I never thought it would be Nick from The Jonas Brothers” He said. 

” Haha who did you think I would have dated?” I asked. 

” I don’t know I think I was expecting someone not so famous or well I was hoping for that” He said.

” Why?” I asked.

” Because then I wouldn’t feel so much pressure” He said and smiled. 

Okay did that mean that he’s hoping that we’ll end up as a couple. That he likes me and that he wants me to be his girlfriend? Okay Elena let’s not go so far he probably just said that as a joke. 

” Haha you don’t need to feel pressure you’re a really good friend” I said but I regret it right after I said it because I literally just said that I don’t want to be anymore than friends. But I don’t know if I do want to be anymore than friends. Ahhhh I’m literally going crazy. 

” Great” He said and smiled but it was a fake smile you could really tell that I had hurt his feelings. And after that we didn't talk so much, and the silence was really awkward. This is not going to be a great night.

We stepped out of the bus and walked into the arena and found our seats. Suddenly someone shouted Josh name behind us. We turned around and Josh wave to the guy with short black hair. He walked down to us and gave Josh a hug and then he looked at me.

” Hey I’m Jaymi” He said. 

” Hey I’m Elena” I said. 

” So you’re a Chelsea fan too” He said and pointed at the cap.

” Well not really Josh gave it to me before we left ” I said and looked at Josh and smiled to show that I was glad for the gift, but I could see that he still was a little hurt. 

” Oh nice one Josh, trying to get her to become a Chelsea fan by giving her gifts with their logo” Jaymi said. 

” You never told me you’re a Chelsea fan” I said to Josh.

” No I thought that if I said that, you wouldn’t want to come because you would think I’m one of those that screams and gets pissed off when they lose” He said.

” No you’re not that type of a guy” I said and smiled ”And I’m very happy about that” I said and finally he didn’t give me a fake smile and I got so warm and happy inside. 

” Hey Jaymi if you want you can sit here with us” I said as Josh and I sat down. 

” Really, it won’t feel like I’m interrupting you guys?” He asked. I looked at Josh and he seemed cool with it. 

” No not at all, beside it would be nice to get to know some of Josh’s friends” I said. 

” Thank you” He said and sat down. 

” So for how long have you two known each other?” I asked Jaymi.

” For about 4 years” Jaymi answered. 

That was the only question I got to ask because suddenly the crowd started shouting and the teams entered the arena and after shaking hands with each other the game begin. I don’t think Josh thought I would be such a football freak that I am because when I screamed at the judge and at the players, I could see in the corner of my eye that he looked at me a bit chocked but he smiled and laugh most of the time. When it was halftime  Jaymi walked away to get something to drink for all of us.

” Okay I don’t think I have met a girl that’s such a football freak” Josh said and smiled. 

” Yeah well everyone in my family loves football so you could say that I grew up to be a football freak” I said and Josh laughed. 

” Well I like football freaks so don’t worry” He said. 

Once again I can’t tell if he just said that to be funny or if he flirted with me. I have never been good at knowing the different. But I was fine either way but deep inside I was hoping that he was flirting with me. Maybe I should say something similar an see how he reacts.

” Well good because you will be hanging out with me for a long time so you better get used to it!” I said and smiled. Oh god I’m so bad at flirting! But he laughed which was a good sign, I think. 

” Okay two cokes” Jaymi said and handed Josh and me our cokes. And he got back just in time because when he sat down the players came back into the arena and the second halftime started and I was back shouting. Luckily it help because Chelsea won with 2-1. We waited a while before we started to walk towards the exit because it was a lot of people heading to the same exit. Josh laid his arm on my waist so he we wouldn’t lose each other in the big crowd. When we got to the entrance I really needed to go to the toilet so I told Josh and then walked into the girls toilet. 

I flushed the toilet and opened the door and walked to wash my hands in the sink. The door to the room opened and a girl in my age walked in and started washing her hands in the sink next to me. I could see in the corner of my eye that she was looking at me, I guess that she recognize me from the magazines when I was dating Nick. I turned of the water and walked over to grab some paper to dry my hands and then walked towards the door. But suddenly the girl blocked the door. And I started to feel that there was something odd with this girl. 

” Excuse me” I said and took one step towards the door but she didn’t move. She didn’t say anything she just looked at me. Now I know that something is odd with this girl. 

” I loved him and he loved me until you came into the picture” She said and I started to freak out a bit. 

” Who” I asked. 

” Josh but you ruined it” She said. I guess she’s Josh’s ex girlfriend, but I have never heard him talking about he’s ex girlfriends but I guess that’s not something you want to talk about when you meet new people.   

” I’m sorry but Josh and I are just friends” I lied well it was kind of true but something was going on between us, I just don’t know what. 

” I’m not stupid! He loved me but then he met you and fell out of love with me and I’m making you pay for my broken heart” She screamed and took one step towards me and I took one step back. I don’t know what happened next because the last thing I know is that I hit my head and feel down on the floor and I felt a stab in my stomach and I blacked out.