Chapter 18 - Always Expected the Unexpected

Hi every one I'm back. I'm so sorry that it took me so long to update. I've gone through a lot of things in the past year.

I was diagnosed with depression just before Christmas last year after I found out that my Grandad had blood cancer, so I had no motivation to do anything.

However things are now looking up for me as I am on the proper medication, I finished my business degree and I am now 5 weeks into my new job. Also as an early new years resolution I am going to aim to update at least a minimum of twice a month so I don't keep you guys hanging like I have.

Also just before I let you continue on with the story I would like to say thank you to everyone who wrote and commented on my story. That really meant a lot to me and is one of the many reasons that I am back writing, so thank you so much and I hope you enjoy the latest chapter.

THIRD POV

The air was filled with excitement as the sun rose higher into the sky. People flocked from all over town to the domed building in anticipation for the day's events. It only comes around once a year, but it's that time of year yet again.

It's time for the Pacifidlog Town Pokémon Contest.

*********

"Hello everybody and welcome to this year's Pacifidlog Town Pokémon Contest. Where co-ordinators from all over have travelled to for their chance to win the prized Pacifidlog Town Ribbon and become one step closer to the Grand Festival which they will be eligible for after winning five ribbon. All of this will be brought to you today by me Vivian, your contest announcer" announced Vivian. "Now please allow me to introduce out three judges. First up we have the Chief of the Pokémon Activities Committee, Mr Contesta".

"Hello, I'm sure we are going to be treated to some amazing performances today" as the crowded cheered.

"Next up we have the President of the Pokémon Fan Club, Mr Sukizo."

"Remarkable" stated Mr Sukizo.

"Finally we have Pacifidlog Town's very own Nurse Joy".

"I am so looking forward to the performances that we will be seeing today" said Nurse Joy as to crowd roared in response".

"There you have it folks, now it's time for our first contestant" yelled Vivian. "So contestant number 1 welcome to the stage..................................."

NIKITA POV

"Wow everyone has been really good so far" I said as I spoke to myself while my stomach churned with nerves or excitement, I'm not quite sure, but I continued to watch the monitor as contestant after contestant took to the stage and put on their performances with their Pokémon that they had obviously trained rigorously for.

"Not long now" I spoke as I held Beautifly's Pokéball in my hand and thought back to our hard training session yesterday which resulted in Beautifly learning a new move, Hidden Power.

"Next up please welcome contestant number 27" I heard Vivian say and out from behind the curtain came a brown haired, blue eyed boy that I never thought I would see on a contest stage......................... It was Oliver from the Mauville City Gym.

"Now Vibrava come on out" he yelled and out came the familiar dragon-fly like Pokémon whose vibrant green wings were shining brilliantly in the lights.

"Now Vibrava use Rock Slide" yelled Oliver and immediately Vibrava's body began to glow white and then multiple white rings of energy appeared around and above it from which several large grey boulders began to fall out of and towards the ground.