Chapter 15 - Lost And Surrounded By Darkness

It has been exactly 1 week since our heroes embarked from Mauville City and started to make their way to Pacifidlog Town, but to do that they have to travel back through Slateport City, the city where Nikita won her first ribbon.  Nikita has been training hard alongside Beautifly, her partner for the next Contest and they have come up with a combination that they hope will be good enough to get them through to the 2nd Round and hopefully give them a shot at their 3rd Ribbon and Nikita has even taught Beautifly a new move; Flash, but don't think that Tomas has been lazing around while Nikita's been training.  Tomas has been searching high and low for a new Pokémon to add to his team, but so far he has had no such luck, but right now our heroes have more important things to worry about as our heroes seem to have gotten lost in a large condensed forest in their way to Slateport City and can now not find their way out and to make it worse, the sun set an hour ago.  How will our heroes overcome this?  Only time will tell.

*********

"Well we're royally lost now Tom" I said as I sighed in frustration over Tom's complete lack of direction.  "We should have just stayed at the Pokémon Centre that was located at the entrance of this damn forest".

"Tree, Tree, Tree Treeko" agreed Treeko as he sat in his normal position atop my right shoulder as some sort of protect from any of the wild nocturnal Pokémon that could appear in front of us at any moment.

"Yeah I know Nikki, but you know I've been desperate to find another Pokémon to join my team, but so far I haven't found any that I really connect with like you have" he explained.  "I mean you've had such an instant connect with all of your Pokémon and they willingly come with you after you earn their trust and respect with such simple actions and to be completely honest I'm slightly jealous of it."

"Hmm" I replied with a ghost of a smile on my face.  "Don't worry Tom you'll find a Pokémon soon that you just know will work perfectly with you".

"I hope your right Nikki, but first we really need to find a way out of this never ending maze of trees otherwise who knows what will happen."

"Now that I can agree with you on, but how Tom?" I asked him.  "I mean we can risk sending out Beautifly or Pelliper in case they get lost in the dark."

"I know so for now all we can do is keep on walking and hope that we find an exit or if we have to find a dry, sheltered place to sleep for the night."

"Okay if you say so, lead the way but if we come to say a fork in the road I'm going to decide which path we take considering you're the one that got us lost in the first place."  I told him and we started up walking again.