Chapter 2 - Sunny Day

The breeze was blowing through all the branches and leaves on the trees.  All was quiet, no Pokémon were to be heard.

Treeko and I were walking towards Rustoboro City for my first contest, but I knew that I could not use just Treeko so I needed another Pokémon to add onto my team.  I looked to Treeko who was sitting on my shoulder and said "You know Treeko we ought to find a new Pokémon to add to our team and to use at Rustoboro City because I can't just use you all of the time and you are not quite ready to perform.  So what do you think about that?"  

He looked at me trying to digest what I was saying and then he nodded his head while saying "Tree, Tree Treeko" and gave me a cheeky little grin.  Ever since I had chosen Treeko and taken him on my journey, he had really come out of his shell and had started to show his cheeky, prankster side, but while also keeping his more serious, observant side, the perfect combination for performing in the Pokémon Contests.

I was about to say something else when suddenly the sun became so bright that I was blinded.  When I finally got my eyesight back I saw that the sunlight had become increasingly strong and when I looked over to Treeko I saw that he looked very happy.  "Treeko what was that?" I asked him, but instead of answering me he jumped off of my shoulder and ran into the forest.  "Treeko! Wait stop where you are going.  Come back!" I screamed at him loud enough for people miles around to hear me while following him into the forest and running after him.

I continued searching for Treeko for hours on end but I couldn't find Treeko anywhere.  "Treeko where are you" I yelled with my voice echoing throughout the trees of the forbidding forest carrying my voice everywhere for everyone to hear,

"Hello can I help you?" I heard and unfamiliar voice ask from behind me.  I turned around and saw an unfamiliar blond boy dressed in a red and blue jacket with black trousers and a Pokémon that I had never seen before standing next to him.  "Well do you need my help?" he asked me yet again.

"Umm yeah" I said "but who are you?"

"Oh I'm sorry my name is Tomas and this is my partner Munchlax" he said answering my question.

"Okay well my name is Nikita and I would introduce you to my partner Treeko, but he ran off once the sun became really bright and now I can't find him" I replied in a real rush.

"Sudden bright sunlight?  Well that was probably the move Sunny Day" he said.

"Sunny Day?  What's that" I asked him, my voice filled curiosity.

"It's a fire type move that fire and grass type Pokémon can learn, it powers up fire and grass type moves" he explained "So that's probably why your Treeko ran off he probably felt the power levels rising within him and ran towards the source of it".

"Okay that's great, but how does that help me find my Treeko" I asked him just getting scared for my Treeko's safety.

"Well we will just have to wait for the sun to go bright again signalling the use of Sunny Day" Tomas said in a calm and soothing voice sensing my fear in my voice.

"Munch Munchlax" said Munchlax agreeing with Tomas.

"Okay, let the waiting begin" I said.

We started waiting.  It felt like hours, but then the sun went bright and the Munchlax was off and Tomas and I followed fight behind him.  We kept up with him easily.  He wasn't as fast as Treeko so it was easy for us.  He ran for what felt like hours until we came to a clearing and in the clearing was my Treeko.

"Treeko!" I yelled. 

His head turned sharply towards me in shock and he said "Tree... Treeko" and jumped into my arms.