getting ready

martinus pov//

mom had us all get up early. we had to help her and get the guest room ready. nobody has used it for a while and since it's now becoming a bedroom we need to paint it and stuff.

marcus and i both walked downstairs wearing joggers and a t shirt.

mom-"good morning boys. get some breakfast and then we are going to get some paint from the store."

marcus-"why don't you wait until she is here? she can pick out the things she likes."

mom-"hm that is a good idea, but why don't we get some bed sheets and things."

martinus-"sounds good to me."

emma-"mamma!"

mom-"one second boys."

mom went to go to see what emma was wanted leaving the two of us in the kitchen.

marcus took out some fruit and threw an apple at me. good thing i caught it.

martinus-"has mom told you anything else about her?"

marcus-"i know as much as you do."

martinus-"do you think she has tried to look us up?"

marcus-"maybe. i mean i tried to look her up but we don't know her last name."

martinus-"yeah thats true."

i thought about her looking us up. she would probably search our names and find thousands of fanpages. what would she think about that?

martinus-"when is she coming again?"

marcus-"tomorrow i'm pretty sure."

tomorrow. that's not a lot of time.

martinus-"i wonder what she looks like. what do you think?"

marcus-"you seem to want to know a lot about this girl. don't you?"

martinus-"she is coming to live with us, of course i want to know about her."

he eyed me suspiciously. i think he knew what i was thinking.

marcus-"martinus don't fall for her."

i was surprised by what he said. what does that mean. don't fall for her?

martinus-"what do you mean?"

marcus-"i mean she is clearly going through a hard time, losing her mom and all. let's just be friends with her first."

martinus-"okay."

i can't fall for a girl when i have never met her before. that's impossible. besides marcus is right. she has been through a lot and isn't looking for more heartbreaks anytime soon.

good thing it was saturday. so she would have sunday to come. i guess that means she is coming to school with us monday.

mom came back into the kitchen with emma behind her. she was wearing her cat ears and held another pair in her hand.

marcus-"are those for me emma!"

emma-"no! they are for alex. they always make me feel better when im is sad, i thought they could do the same for her!"

emma is so sweet. maybe they could make her feel better.

how exactly did her mom pass away? and where was her father? i had so many more questions about alex and i was really eager to meet her.

mom-"come on boys lets go!"

we all put on our shoes and coats and went in the car. marcus and i put on our headphones. i went on instagram.