secrets

martinus pov//

it's been two days and alex still won't talk to me. this is absolute torture. she is sad and i know it. i don't even hear her talking to marcus.

she hasn't talked to anyone. i don't know what to do. i really messed up so horribly this time.

it's thursday now and on saturday there is this snowball dance that we have.

i was gonna go and ask emilia today and i was kind of nervous. i don't know what we are. we aren't boyfriend and girlfriend but we are a thing.

i was downstairs eating when alex came in the kitchen. she grabbed an apple and sat down at the table.

i'm surprised she is sitting near me. i think she hates me now and i don't know what to do.

there was an uncomfortable silence between us like there always was. the only sound was her biting the apple and my spoon hitting the bowl.

marcus came down. thank god. i needed him here. alex got up and she threw the apple out.

she left the kitchen and i heard the front door open and close. i looked over at marcus.

marcus-"still not talking?"

martinus-"nope. i don't know what to do now."

marcus-"neither do i. she won't talk to me either and she hardly talks to any of her friends."

martinus-"shit. i'm the worst."

marcus-"you aren't. it's fine. she will warm up to you i promise."

martinus-"i really hope so."

mom-"ready boys?"

emma-"come on!"

marcus-"let's go."

i put my bowl away in the sink and got up with marcus. we put on our coats and hats and got in the car.

i was sitting in the back this time and marcus was in the front. he glanced at me through the mirror and i looked back.

alex was sitting next to me. another surprise this morning. maybe she is feeling okay again and isn't so mad?

i won't say anything. just leave her and let her come to me. that would be really nice.

mom-"so the dance is on saturday. are you all going."

marcus-"yeah martinus and i are."

emma-"what about alex!"

we looked at her. she looked up from her phone that she has been stuck in the past couple of days. she shook her head no.

mom-"you should go! it will be so much fun. right boys?"

martinus-"yeah it's super fun."

marcus-"definately."

she just looked back down. i leaned back in my seat and looked out the window. this is gonna be a long day.

;;

alex pov//

i was waiting for the girls to meet me in the english room. it was a huge emergency.

i'm currently pacing around and i'm feeling my stomach twisting itself into huge knots. how was i going to say this all out loud?

we all had a free period. my god what is taking them so long? any longer and i'm gonna throw up.

i heard the door open. i turned and saw maddie and alana.

alex-"where is everyone else?"

surprise. i'm still talking just not to the twins.