watch out

martinus pov//

i stayed up so late trying to finish the project marcus and i were working. i really hope alex likes it. we are leaving in an hour for the airport and i was nervous.

my bag was ready and i had the pieces of paper i had been writing on, stuffed in my backpack along with my computer and chargers and what not.

i went downstairs and i got my breakfast out and ate it quickly. when i was done i went on my phone to try and pass the time.

i kept watching the clock and seeing it move by faster and faster. before i knew it, it was time for us to go.

we got into the car and everyone was a little quiet in the car. i had my music playing and so did marcus so neither of us were talking.

it was also early in the morning and i was rather tired. both of us were. i tried to finish what i was making for alex. i mean i hope she likes it.

i closed my eyes for a little and tried to think about other things than alex. i just needed a way to get her off my mind.

it was impossible though. it felt like she was the only person in the world i wanted to think about. i went in my messages and looked at our texts.

i read the last conversation we had and it was just us fighting. she was so mad at me that night and she had every right to be.

i started to type, "i miss you" but i just ended up erasing it. i must have been doing this for a long time because next thing i knew we were at the airport.

i shut my phone off and took out my headphones so i could try and save my battery. i pulled out the football from my bag and carried it with me.

i threw it in the air a couple times to try and cure my boredom right now. we went through security relatively quickly and waited in the lounge.

marcus and i were playing football together since we had another hour before our flight. emma was getting food with mom for us since we didn't have time to eat a full breakfast.

marcus-"are you nervous?"

i kicked the ball back a little harder than i meant to. i think that pretty much summed up my emotions in the moment.

martinus-"of course i am. she doesn't want to see me and i can tell it's just not gonna go well."

marcus-"you need to think positively about this martinus. if you think it's gonna go bad then it will. besides she is struggling right now and is in pain still. you need to respect that for now and if she doesn't want to see you then we will handle it then. besides we have a concert tonight and if she wants to come then she will see how much you mean to her. we worked hard on that project and she will love it."

martinus-"you're right."

we played for a little longer and than got something to eat. when we were done eating it was time for us to board the plane.

we got on the plane and i was sitting by the window next to emma. she wanted to sit next to both marcus and i this time which i didn't mind.

we had to do our work on the plane anyways so i could help emma if she needed it.

emma-"i'm so excited to see alex. are you guys?"

marcus-"yeah i am emma!"

martinus-"i'm excited."

emma-"you don't sound excited."

she was right. i didn't.

martinus-"i am don't worry, just tired."

i just smiled to show i was excited and not sweating out of complete nervousness. she smiled and went back to what she was doing.

i pulled out the math homework i had due monday and tried to draw out all the graphs that i could. none of it was looking right so i put it away.

i put on my headphones and closed my eyes. i fell asleep pretty quickly.

;;

when i woke up we were ten minutes away from landing. i put my stuff away and waited for us to land which wasn't long after.

when we landed marcus and i got ourselves ready to see fans at the airport. i was excited to see the fans because they always put me in a good mood. well. most of the time.

we were walking through the airport and i could hear the ear piercing screams already. the girls came rushing up to us with their phones and stuff for us.

it was so sweet how the fans gave us gifts and came early to see us and meet us. i really do appreciate it even it sometimes seems like i don't.

after about 20 minutes of taking photos and talking with the girls we told them we had to go. we gave them hugs and rushed off.

i checked the time on my phone. it was 11:28. when we went outside it was pretty cold. hopefully it will warm up later. well at least the show is indoors so that's good.

i want alex to come so badly. i just don't know if she will. remember martinus think positively. i took a deep breath and watched it as it escaped in the cold air.

we drove to the hotel first to get ourselves settled in and relax before we go to alex's house. this is gonna be a very unpredictable night.