sorry jacob

martinus pov//

i still felt bad for what we did to alex. i wanted to spend more time with her honestly. it's just we were all making the plans for friday.

at least she is hanging out with emma. maybe that will help her be less nervous about school and it seems like they are really getting along.

i changed into my sweatpants and a long sleeved shirt. i put on a beanie and slipped on my sneakers. it was really cold out today.

i opened the door to my room and emma standing outside of alex's room.

martinus-"what are you doing emma?"

emma-"mamma told me to bring alex some breakfast."

martinus-"can i give it to her."

emma-"sure!"

she handed me the bowl of cereal and glass of milk. i took it in my hands and emma went downstairs so she could eat.

i knocked on the door. i could hear footsteps. she opened the door and when she saw me she didn't look very pleased.

martinus-"breakfast?"

she took the food out of my hand and tried to shut the door. i caught it before it shut fully. she put the food on her nightable and sat back on her bed. she was still in her pajamas.

martinus-"are you going to change?"

she shook her head yes and took a sip of the glass of milk. she made a funny face and put the glass down.

martinus-"do you not like milk?"

she shook her head no. she didn't even touch her cereal yet. i don't want her to starve herself, but maybe she just truly isn't hungry.

martinus-"i'll leave you to get changed then."

she didn't move or anything. i walked out of her room and went downstairs. marcus was at the table.

mom-"did you give it to her?"

martinus-"yea but she wasn't eating it."

mom-"i'll go check on her."

mom left the kitchen and went to go check on alex. marcus emma and i were sitting at the table just eating.

marcus-"is she upset?"

martinus-"i think so."

emma-"why is she upset?"

both marcus and i looked at each other.

martinus-"uh i think because of her mom."

emma-"aw i hope she gets better soon."

marcus-"me too."

martinus-"yeah me too."

i heard footsteps coming downstairs. it was mom and alex right behind her.

she was all dressed and her hair was in a tight ponytail. she was wearing a black sweater and white jeans.

we exchanged looks at each other. she sat down at the table with the two of us. she had her phone in her hand and was texting someone.

i wonder if it was that guy jack. or it was probably just emma.

maybe i can just check. i got up to put my bowl in the sink. i peered over her shoulder. it was that guy jack.

is it wrong to want to read the conversation and see what they are saying? i was standing there and trying to read the phone.

she turned her head and i looked away. real smooth martinus real smooth.