kisses

alex pov//

why does he has to be such a jerk. i mean my god it was bad enough that i had to watch everyone get asked but martinus really had to make plans in front of me like that.

great. this is so great. it's freezing outside and i'm standing out here to try and avoid embarrassment.

it was cold out and my cheeks were frozen along with my hands. i pulled my hat down further over my ears.

i leaned up against the wall and just looked out at the cold. i know i had class, i heard the bell ring. it would be easier to stay out here though.

i took my phone out and checked my messages. i didn't have any. that just made this day better.

marcus-"shouldn't you be in class?"

i turned to see marcus. he was walking out and he looked cold.

alex-"shouldn't you?"

i looked away from him. he moved closer to me and caught my attention.

marcus-"come on it's freezing out."

alex-"so."

i would be fine staying right out here.

marcus-"can we at least talk inside."

i looked at him. he gave me the guilt eyes he always does. i nodded my head. the two of us walked inside.

the halls were empty. there was silence between us. is he expecting me to say something?

alex-"well you wanted to talk."

marcus-"why were you standing all by yourself out in the freezing cold."

alex-"doesn't matter."

marcus-"look martinus wasn't thinking when he said what he said. i'm sure he just-"

alex-"stop."

he looked at me. my eyes they felt so dark and cold like the rest of me.

alex-"it's fine. i don't care what he says."

i turned my back and started to walk from him. i didn't want to talk to him about martinus.

marcus-"i know you like martinus."

i stopped. how did he know that. i turned around and looked at him. he had the control now.

i walked up to him and moved close to him.

alex-"i don't know what you're talking about."

he smirked at me. damn it. he knows for sure.

marcus-"i heard you say it. i know it's true. that's why you are so upset. you pretend like you don't care about him because you actually do and it hurts you so much that he is with emilia and it hurt you when you watched all of us ask someone to the dance. i could see it in your eyes. they say it all."

he was right. he was right about everything. i don't know how he can read me like that but he can.

alex-"i hate you."

marcus-"you hate me cause i'm right."

alex-"and so what if you are right. there is no point. he doesn't feel the same."

marcus-"he cares about you but he just has a crush on emilia."

alex-"no he doesn't marcus. i saw how he looked at her and when he kissed her. he meant it. he meant it all."

my eyes were welling up. maybe he will just think i'm cold or something because man i cry too much. ever since i got here i don't stop.

marcus-"i'm sorry."