lots & lots of hugs

alex pov//

i was hugging jack tight again. i didnt want him to leave. it was late at night. i didn't realize he would leave later today.

i was under the impression he was staying the night but his mom called and he is seeing his grandma tomorrow.

i tried to suck back the tears but i didnt want him to go. we were standing at the door.

jack-"i'll be back. i promise."

we let go.

jack-"thank you for letting me visit for the day mrs. gunnarsen and thanks marcus for all this."

he looked at me and smiled. i did too. he always makes me smile doesnt he.

marcus-"of course."

martinus was looking at him too. they exchanged a weird glance between us.

i opened the door and walked jack out. what am i gonna do now that he is gone.

we were standing outside. he was holding my hand. it was a really cold night.

alex-"what is going to happen with us."

jack-"i dont know."

alex-"i-i love you."

jack-"i love you too."

he leaned in. he kissed me once more and i was so happy to feel his lips again.

he let go. our heads were touching each other. a tear slid down my face. his thumb wiped it away.

jack-"don't cry."

alex-"b-but what am i gonna do. what are we gonna do?"

jack-"you know i love you and always will. but long distance...its hard. too hard."

alex-"so-so what are you saying?"

jack-"i wish this could work but i don't know if it will. neither of us want to get hurt and long distances are so hard."

alex-"yea."

i smiled weakly. he gave me one more hug goodbye. i was trying to hide the immense pain i was feeling right now.

i wanted it to work so badly but apparently it can't. i would have made it work, i would have cared for him and loved him.

but i guess he couldn't do the same for me. he turned around and walked to his car. watching him walk away was the hardest goodbye.

well. second hardest goodbye. i watched him get into the car and leave just like that. what if he walks out of my life forever?

the car drove away, i watched it until i couldn't see it anymore. i felt my eyes close shut and open again.

that didn't help get rid of the tears that were now coming down my face. i opened the door to the house and went up to my room.

i slammed the door of my room shut and slid down my door. i put my hands in my face and cried loud.

i didn't care who was hearing me. i felt like my heart was shattering into a million pieces.

i took the nearest thing near me. my shoes by the door. i threw it across the room and let it slam against the wall.

martinus pov//

marcus-"martinus do you know where the football is?"

martinus-"i think it's in alex's room."

marcus-"okay ill go get it."

martinus-"nope i got it!"

he laughed. i went upstairs. it was a perfect day to play football and now that jack was gone i'm in a much better mood.