fresh start

alex pov//

i woke up so exhausted from the night. it was sunday morning and i just wanted to stay in bed all day long.

i was underneath the blankets and i was wrapping myself in the thick comforter. i felt so warm and safe.

kinda of how i felt with martinus. his hugs felt really really warm. i liked how they felt. i could use that.

i smiled. i was texting our group chat and i told the girls everything and i mean everything.

they all think im crushing on martinus but i dont think so. we are just becoming close. yesterday was the first time we hugged and ive been here for what a week?

yeah a week today actually. wow. time has gone by slow but also fast. either way i'm glad i'm here.

i heard someone knock on the door. i hope its emma cause then i wont have to put a shirt on. i'm so lazy.

alex-"yea?"

martinus-"its me."

alex-"uh don't come in!"

thats suspicious. why would i say that!

martinus-"why what's wrong?"

alex-"okay um come in?"

shit. okay i can do this. he opened the door and i slid under the blankets so only the straps were showing.

it just looks like a tank top. maybe he won't notice? why do i care so much anyways?

martinus-"morning!"

he jumped on my bed and it made me move a bit. he was looking down at me and i smiled.

alex-"i'm tired."

martinus-"you also seem cold. your holding that blanket like your life depends on it."

alex-"cause it does."

i mumbled that. he looked at me with a confused look.

martinus-"what am i sitting on?"

he shifted around. he moved his hips and pulled out a shirt from underneath him.

thats my shirt. i took it off last night was i was hot. my cheeks flushed and turned red.

i reached out my arm out of the blankets and quickly grabbed it from him.

i slipped under the comforter.

martinus-"why are you hiding from me!"

alex-"um one second."

i put the shirt back on fast and popped up from the blankets. i smiled.

martinus-"you're weird."

i gave him a little push.

alex-"so are you."

we both smiled to each other. there was a bit of silence between. well until both of our stomachs were making noises.

we both laughed at that. we were each super hungry i guess.

martinus-"maybe we should go eat."

i nodded my head. we walked downstairs where emma and marcus were.

they were eating cereal and marcus was on his phone. emma was playing a game on her ipad. so social.

alex-"morning."

marcus-"hey."

emma-"hi!"

alex-"hello emma."