alex larsson

alex's pov//

mrs. lamant and i were walking down the airport terminal. i had my bags in hand and they were dragging along the ground.

i blocked out the sounds of all the people rushing to get to their flights, or reading maps. mrs. lamant moved quick, meanwhile i was moving at a slow pace.

i didn't want to move to a new place. i didn't want a new family. i wanted my real family back. i want to go home and be woken up from this horrible nightmare.

i want to go downstairs and smell the homecooked meals my mom would make and my brother running around the table fighting with play swords.

my brothers. i missed him so much. he went to go live with my dad. after the divorce my brother didn't spend as much time with him as they wanted to, so it makes sense that he went to go live with him.

me however, i would never want to live with that man again. i can't even explain how much i despise him, and the feelings are mutual.

i was drowning in my own thoughts. trying to avoid having any of this really happen to me. i don't want to accept that i'm going to someone else's home.

my mom always talked about gerd anne. she would show me photos and old video tapes of them in high school. they would talk every so often and catch up.

apparently i met her sons when we were very little, but nothing recent or else i would have remembered them.

mrs. lament-"alex there she is!"

i looked at where she was starting to veer off too. i could see a blonde women with glasses and a little girl next to her.

she has a daughter too? she was cute, and had on cat ears and a sparkly pink outfit.

we approached the two of them. gerd anne looked at us and smiled. she shook mrs. lament's hand.

gerd anne-"nice to see you in person mrs. lament. i'm gerd anne and this is my daughter emma. we are so excited to have you living with us alex!"

she turned towards me and i know she was expecting me to say something back, but no words could come out. i nodded along and stared at her blankly.

mrs. lament-"thank you again gerd anne. alex is very appreciative and i know she will be in good hands."

emma-"ready to go to your new home alex!"

mrs. lament-"before we do so may i have a word with you gerd anne and emma. alex if you could give us a moment."

i walked over a couple feet and went towards the food. i knew exactly what she was going to tell them. she was going to tell them how i don't talk and all.

she doesn't understand though. none of them never understand and they never will.

after a few moments i was waved back over. i stood there and felt even more uncomfortable.

gerd anne-"ready to go alex."

i nodded my head. we stared to walk and gerd anne helped me by carrying some of my bags. i surprisingly had a lot of bags.

i didn't realize i would be packing up my life like this. it was silent all the way to the car and nobody knew what to say.

i sat in the back with emma next to me. she was doing some musiclys on her phone and i was watching her.

she was such a happy girl. i remember being exactly like her, goofing off and smiling all the time. i wish i could be like that.

she turned towards me and smiled at me.