watered eyes

alex pov//

i had the biggest smile on my face. it was all because of one person. that person being jack.

he really knew how to make me smile when i feel like im going to break down crying. today was going to be a hard day.

it's my mother's birthday today. every birthday my brother and i would always try our best and make her a cake.

last year we both ended up making such a mess but she didnt care. she loved it always.

i was lying in bed, just texting jack while he sent me goofy snapchats of him and his dog.

i didn't want to leave my bed today. i kind of felt sick knowing i wasn't going to get to bake that cake again.

i was trying to suck my tears in but it's getting harder and harder to do so. i just miss her so much.

i pulled the covers over my head and let my eyes start to water up. i tried to close them tightly, maybe it will just drown the tears out.

what time is it anyways? i looked at the clock and saw it was 7. i don't want to leave this bed. its comfy.

i heard a soft knock on the door.

marcus-"alex you awake?"

thats surprising usually martinus is the one who is knocking on my door. ive had a pretty good run not letting these boys not see my cry and i'm not starting today.

alex-"yea."

marcus-"can i come in."

alex-"n-no."

marcus-"why not."

alex-"p-please just leave me alone."

he didn't say anything more. i was hoping he just left and didn't say anything to anyone, but that was doubtful.

everyone in this house tells each other everything. i would be shocked if their was things they didn't know about each other.

i heard someone knocking on the door like crazy. who could that be now.

emma-"alex!"

oh it was emma. i took the covers off my face and wiped my eyes with the sleeve of my hoodie.

i opened the door and she was standing there in the cutest outfit. in a weird way she looks like me when i was younger.

alex-"h-hi emma. i'm not f-feeling well."

emma-"have you been crying?"

she said that loud enough that southern norway could hear her. i waved her to come in and shut the door.

alex-"no i'm fine."

emma-"i came cause marcus couldn't get you out of your room, so i wanted to try!"

alex-"right. i-its n-nothing. r-really."

emma-"okay!"

she smiled and gave me a hug again. she went up to the door and pressed her ear against it. what was she doing?

alex-"what are you d-doing."

emma-"i bet martinus is outside listening right now. he is always standing outside your door."

alex-"oh."

she opened the door quick and sure enough both of them were standing there. wow she is right.

marcus-"heh hi again."

martinus-"okay yea we are going to eat."

they awkwardly walked away. emma and i looked each other and laughed. she was already making me better.